• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam only?

I know there's a few of ya that don't have credit cards. Most of the credit card companies now do gift cards. It's usually fairly inexpensive, but there are fees associated with it depending on where you buy them from. Fees usually run about $5.00 for a $50.00 card, $6.00 for a $100.00 card.) some places do not charge the fees you'll have to research where to buy. If your in the US you can get them at walmart as well as just about any major grocery store.

Go to the following links and you can find out where to buy one in your area. This is only for the US, so you'd have to go to their respective company websites for non-US.

VISA:
http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/...rigin=personal

MasterCard:
http://www.mastercard.com/us/persona...d/issuers.html

MasterCard is kind of annoying.. You can only get them from banks. However, the Visa Giftcards are perfect. Visa does $25/$50/$100 (and you can recharge them at any time).

-[RODev]Sabu

Upvote 0
A few points tho:
1. Im on windows 7. Vista was back a few months. 7 is Way more stable, less annoying uac. Steam should install like on vista, and well.. As ppl in the irc heard, it did. Bugs all over again but in the end it installed.

So in the end you claim steam for not working on a beta operating system? Did you even think about what you just wrote? Steam works fine with XP and Vista, but that problems like that can occur with a non-released operating system is normal IMO.

Nice to hear it won't be steam only, I like steam and it's features, but I like it even more when I have my DVD here.

Upvote 0
To Sniperdragon:

I've had Steam on vista 64 for well over a year now. Its by far the best distribution platform available right now imo. The only problem I've ever encountered is sometimes it wont maximize once it minimizes unless you open it from the taskbar. Thats it. It's solid as hell. You gotta be doing something wrong man. Either that or you're unlucky with whatever setup you have.

Upvote 0
Why would you want to spend more than you have to?

That's why I don't like to buy from steam anymore, since they introduced the Euro as local currency for europe and some idiot at steam decided that one euro = one dollar they outpriced themselves.

So I will take any alternative over steam because it saves me a lot of money.

I like the system behind it and purchased a lot of games when they were cahrging USD but that's over now.

Upvote 0
This sucks.

Personally because i live in europe, and nobody seems to use creditcards over here (i actually dont know anyone beside my parents who even own a creditcard :p). All those visa cards etc are not here and i've never seen a gift card in my entire life.

Although i can buy stuff using paypal by using money transfer from my bank.

I have no cc either. I guess a diehard kf player has to quit kf just because of that.

Why sell kf to Steam? Id love to go to local store and buy a sweet box.

Upvote 0