• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam on teh mobile phone...

Yes, it is in beta. You need to download and install the app, sign in with your Steam username and password, and Steamguard code, and then it will tell you that your account isn't registered for the beta. By doing this you register your interest in it and at some point you'll get a new item in your Steam inventory which will let you know that you can then sign in.

I registered about 6 hours ago and was in the beta about 3 hours after that, I'm not sure if that is going to be a common situation.

I would quite like it if they at least put in the old games you could play via the overlay many years ago, like chess and checkers, and let you play against other mobile / desktop Steam users.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, it is in beta. You need to download and install the app, sign in with your Steam user-name and password, and Steamguard code, and then it will tell you that your account isn't registered for the beta. By doing this you register your interest in it and at some point you'll get a new item in your Steam inventory which will let you know that you can then sign in.

I registered about 6 hours ago and was in the beta about 3 hours after that, I'm not sure if that is going to be a common situation.

I would quite like it if they at least put in the old games you could play via the overlay many years ago, like chess and checkers, and let you play against other mobile / desktop Steam users.

Thanks Morello for the heads up.

As you say, it is in beta but they have been following my attempts to get the thing working.
I tried setting up the app late last night.
This morning I received a mail on my Google/Android account with a link to the Steam Community log in page.
I logged in with my usual Steam log & pass word and then received a new mail on my principle mail address with the secret code supplied.

Steam is now telling me "oops thats not quite right.

To be continued...

EDIT: They have just sent me a new secret code, not working, patience people, patience...

Last edited:
Upvote 0