• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam LOGIN Problems - READ ME - Updated

No connection possible

No connection possible

I still do not get any connection to any steam server.

However, it seems that people are playing out there.

Is this just a fake or real?

Do I have to re-install everything???????

And: it is not the firewall!!!!

Can anybody confirm that they have the same problem or are all playing ok now?

Thx

And drop 20 kilotons on steam!

Upvote 0
Steam--RIP--Dead--Does not Work

Steam--RIP--Dead--Does not Work

Steam is dead. On my computer for weeks RO has not been able to connect to any server. The error "Unknown steam error, contact Steam support" is less than worthless. RO--RIP!

The OS is fully patched XP/Pro. I also could not install RO on a multi-processor 64-bit computer. The install script bombed the setup saying that the software could not be installed -- end of message.

Bad scene with these kinds of problems. :mad:

Upvote 0
That error is the most common error around and well documented in the Known Error/Fix list. Delete your clientregistry.blob in steam and you should be good to go. If installing off CD's won't work you can always download the game from steam. But if you have problems installing off the CD you will have to contact the publisher.

Upvote 0
RO--still dead

RO--still dead

I got the following advice from the web site:

That error is the most common error around and well documented in the Known Error/Fix list. Delete your clientregistry.blob in steam and you should be good to go. If installing off CD's won't work you can always download the game from steam. But if you have problems installing off the CD you will have to contact the publisher.

I deleted the clientregistry.blob from my steam directory and tried again.

Same problem--now the game just hangs trying to find any web site. That is no error message, no connection.

So I'll try deleting everything with program remove and reinstall, but note that the problem was not solved with the deleting of clientregistry.blob, this only resulted in an error message being removed and no IP connection being made.

Thanks for the help! I'll let you know what happens next, but the game is on it's last legs here with errors and problems like this.

Upvote 0
If you have the "unkown steam error" problem deleting your clientregsitry.blob and letting steam refresh it self should fix it. However from your last post it seems that is not what you have. If the game is hanging trying to connect to either the internet or a server odds are you have a firewall or router that is blocking the ports RO needs to use. You will have to unblock those ports.

If you are having a different problem, please explain in detail so that I might help you.

RO requires you have the following ports unblocked:

7757 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7758 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7767 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28902 TCP/IP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20610 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

Upvote 0
I just wanted to have a round, and couldnt connect to steam as well. Cant they close down some other cities somewhere to have enough power for the steam-servers....:)

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Upvote 0