Steam keeps deleting my game files and re-downloading them again

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

jolorulz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2011
Manila
I've raised this question on the steam forums before and through their tech support, and no one seems interested in helping out. I've been having this problem for about a month. My RO2 and Men of War: Assault Squad's game files are sporadically deleted by steam and re-downloaded. About 4.2 GB for Men of War and 2.3 GB for RO2, always the same size.

I have no idea why this is happening and this is totally pissing me off:mad:
If anyone can clear this up and give me a few pointers in stopping this from happening, please share and it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Imakillpig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 28, 2006
Hey mate your not alone! I don't to start a new thread incase it's a common issue, but, every single patch that has ever been released for RO has required a whopping 4.7GB to be redownloaded again. Once i was capped at a thrilling 5kb/s with a patch somehow the size of 7.9GB. I have no idea why this happens and deleting the game does not cure it. I love the game to bits but am curious if anyone has worked a fix for it :)

jolorulz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2011
Manila
Hey mate your not alone! I don't to start a new thread incase it's a common issue, but, every single patch that has ever been released for RO has required a whopping 4.7GB to be redownloaded again. Once i was capped at a thrilling 5kb/s with a patch somehow the size of 7.9GB. I have no idea why this happens and deleting the game does not cure it. I love the game to bits but am curious if anyone has worked a fix for it :)

Oh thank god... I thought I was just being paranoid about... well never mind...

I really hope someone can help out with this.

K@n@y

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 18, 2011
France
Had the same problem if in Steam i used the game in French language not default English.

Now i run the game in English, it doesn't matter much for me, and it download only the few content to update, not anymore the full download.

jolorulz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2011
Manila
I'd like to raise this issue again. I've tried checking the cache but it doesn't work. When I checked the root folder in SteamApps, what was once 8GB suddenly turned into 5.2GB. This is seriously frustrating and I need this to stop because this unnecessary download is weighing heavily on my bandwith.

jolorulz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2011
Manila
Sounds suspiciously like you have a hard drive problem.

I'm not ruling this out... This would make a lot of sense.But if it is a hard drive problem, shouldn't it affect all my games? It's only ****ing up RO2 and Men of War. Ro1, COH and all the others don't get this same problem (Thank god)...

jolorulz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2011
Manila

BolliBomber

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 15, 2011
I have had this problem with ro2 for a couple of days, but after choosing another language and not touching any gamefiles (fixes or other things) it is gone.

Backup your game files, so you must not reload the whole game and check the game in steam. But use not the steam function for backup, it will not work.

james234

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 22, 2019
Did you check the cache or maybe tried using a different language? And also, do backup.