• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Steam decided that you are not authorized to connect to this server"

Piscator

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2006
Whenever I try to connect to the TOGA server on Red Orchestra 2 I get the message:
"Steam decided that you are not authorized to connect to this server"

I played on this server many times before. I just had some trouble with my broadband and started Steam in offline mode but connected to the internet then and started the game on the server forgetting that I was in offline mode.
I connected to the server fine but lost connection shortly after. Now every time I try to connect I get this error message. All other servers are fine...

Any ideas?
Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Your VAC-status is intact? Validated game files? All the usual. Otherwise it sounds like some sort of custom server message impersonating Steam. Wonder how Steam/Valve likes that...

Yes I did all of that and VAC is in good standing. Still the same message appears. The admin of the server checked already but there seems to be no ban against me which only leaves Steam to cause the problem.

Upvote 0
You need to open a ticket on the steam support they can tell what message means

Oh and if you havent already done it shut down and restart steam

Yes did all of that as well and reinstalled steam but the message remains the same
I can join any server but this one but sadly it is my favourite one.

...thanks for the help though

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes did all of that as well and reinstalled steam but the message remains the same
I can join any server but this one but sadly it is my favourite one.

...thanks for the help though

If you can join * any * server but the single one..... then it stands to reason, THAT server has you locked out.

Reactions: Placebo Cyanide
Upvote 0