• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam and Amazon = thevies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, there's only one or two reasons Valve ever deactivates accounts.....

One of which is that Steam is just an awful system. ;)

Said Steam account was only logged into about 4-5 times to finish HL2. The whole ticket system hardly ever works, and contacting mods on the Steampowered forums does not get you real progress.

Thankfully, I finally got a response. No guarantees, but they said they *might* give a CD key on Monday. Hopefully they don't require anymore silly games and give no more nonesense excuses.

Their excuse was "we ran out of CD keys". :rolleyes:

It would have been common sense to at least warn the buyers that they are out of stock before buying. Lying to your customers, taking their money, and then saying they have to wait until they find the time to help give you your product already paid for is just a shady, immoral, and pathetic business model.

Upvote 0
steam often sells games they dont have enough keys for, they will ususaly fix it within 48 hours; it is a regular occurence and one they SHOULD fix. I bought M&B warband for 5$ and it happened to me, just tell him to check again in 48 hours.

as to the copy of ARMA off of Amazon, see if you can register the cd key through steam to download through steam, if not try and get a cd off someone.

Upvote 0
What I can't believe is how much of a slow resource hog steam remains, even after all this time. Or that basic issues like punkbuster detecting the steam overlay as a cheat remain uncorrected. I think that's more a problem on evenbalance's end and those guys suck.

The amount of times I've opened steam to find my cache corrupted or to have it fail to start and require the clientregistry.blob fix is ridiculous. Then there's the way they screw my country on prices.

Overall its just a ****ty piece of software.

Reactions: Felix Ostheim
Upvote 0
What I can't believe is how much of a slow resource hog steam remains, even after all this time. Or that basic issues like punkbuster detecting the steam overlay as a cheat remain uncorrected. I think that's more a problem on evenbalance's end and those guys suck.

The amount of times I've opened steam to find my cache corrupted or to have it fail to start and require the clientregistry.blob fix is ridiculous. Then there's the way they screw my country on prices.

Overall its just a ****ty piece of software.

At one point Valve released a new version of Steam that was smooth and totally usable and light. Then they went ahead and just kept adding more stuff to it and ever since then they haven't bothered to make similiar upgrade to Steam. And then they made this...even bulkier Steam.

I still don't like the new look and even if you chooce all the basic stuff without extra eye candy it's still slow and cluncky.

One reason for this is that Valve doesn't have that much competition to speak off. As client side theres only Impulse and even that one doesn't offer new games to Europe. I don't think they have to work their asses off to make it better because currenly theres no competition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.