• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam and Amazon = thevies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flogger23m

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
Just bought some games from Steam and Amazon as digital downloads.

Well, these will be the last games I will buy for a while.

Bought a copy of HAWX 2 off of Steam and gifted it to someone. Apparently Valve sells games that they do not have a license to. The person I gifted HAWX2 to did not get a CD key. :mad: Now they can not even run the game. They wasted their time downloading a huge file - but it will not run due to the lack of a CD key and license.

Valve has no problem stealing your money and they falsely advertise that they have games for sale when they in fact do not.

At least I will not be missing out on any good games. Valve has been pumping out trash for the past few years - over priced and awful games such as TF2 and L4D.

I would advise everyone to not business with these crooks (Valve). Once they take your money, they can care less and will not offer customer support.

As for Amazon, they will not let me resume my ArmA 2 download that I started yesterday. :mad:

Well, there goes my money down the drain.

No more games for me. If RO2 uses Steam, I will not buy the game. I refuse to do business with crooks (Valve). That is, unless they can at least attempt to make it right... which from what I am reading online, is not going to happen.

Hopefully RO2 will not require Steam. :(

Don't be temped by the prices. If you must buy a game just get a boxed copy. Not worth dealing with Steam and Amazon.

Try right clicking the game on Steam and see does it have view cd-key tab appearing. Usually 3rd party non-steamwork games have this option and might not give you the cd-key pop-up like it should.

If not then just send a support ticket and Valve will handle it. And you can ask for refund. If it's your first time they will give your money back even if the reason isn't that bullet proof.

As for Amazon if it's anything like I have used from couple of places can't you delete or cancel the download and re-download the whole thing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO2 will require steam.

Also, did your friend right click on HAWX in the library and select "view game CD key"?

Doesn't work.

Reinstalling Steam, reinstalling the game, restarting the PC, verifying integrity, degragging, ect. does absolutely nothing.

About the only thing I can think of is buying a new copy - not going to happen Valve. :rolleyes:

If not then just send a support ticket and Valve will handle it. And you can ask for refund. If it's your first time they will give your money back even if the reason isn't that bullet proof.

As for Amazon if it's anything like I have used from couple of places can't you delete or cancel the download and re-download the whole thing?

How do I send support tickets? I will do that right away and try to get a refund.

Reactions: Zips
Upvote 0
Doesn't work.

Reinstalling Steam, reinstalling the game, restarting the PC, verifying integrity, degragging, ect. does absolutely nothing.

About the only thing I can think of is buying a new copy - not going to happen Valve. :rolleyes:

Well, reinstalling and all of that have nothing to do with the problem, and if there really isnt a cd key in the cd key menu, then just send them an email, and they will most likely get it fixed. Don't panic just yet.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
[url]https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php[/URL]

Your Steam account or forum account won't work you need to create a new one to send support ticket.

Remember to give enough information right away so they can work on it faster.

I signed up for an account there, and it just links me to the same area with links for common issues.

What do I have to do to get Valve to speak to me? Jump off a 200 foot building to my death? Its been 5 or so days already.

Do they have actual people working in customer support or what?

Upvote 0
Well, lets hope so.

If I knew we would not have been able to play the game at the moment we bought it, we would not have bought it. :rolleyes: If this is going to take months we would have just waited until it was $20 or less.

Guess they never thought of listing something as "sold out"...
Make sure you actually have a Ticket Number sent to your email account. Otherwise, your ticket didn't actually go through. You have to complete the submission process the entirety of the way.

People sometimes stop after a point because they didn't see the next/continue buttons when faced with a list of possible solutions to their problem.

Upvote 0
Calm the F down dude. I know it must be frustrating but like Putz said it's Steam's very popular Holiday Sale time. Unfortunately you will have to wait for the rare screw up such as this to be fixed. Notice how I said rare. Valve makes a ton of money, has a ton of clout in the gaming industry, and has a very loyal fanbase. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to tarnish that image to screw you out of a sub $50 game.

Upvote 0
Calm the F down dude. I know it must be frustrating but like Putz said it's Steam's very popular Holiday Sale time. Unfortunately you will have to wait for the rare screw up such as this to be fixed. Notice how I said rare. Valve makes a ton of money, has a ton of clout in the gaming industry, and has a very loyal fanbase. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to tarnish that image to screw you out of a sub $50 game.

I am not so sure "rare" is the correct term.

I gifted a friend my extra copies of HL2 and Ep1 when I bought the Orange Box.

They "deactivated" his account before he could even play Ep1, only a week after receiving it. Between two friends and I, we have lost almost $100 worth of games due to Valve's "rare" screw ups.

Valve is running a shady business here. The fact that their customer service is piss poor must say something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

They "deactivated" his account before he could even play Ep1, only a week after receiving it. Between two friends and I, we have lost almost $100 worth of games due to Valve's "rare" screw ups.

Valve is running a shady business here. The fact that their customer service is piss poor must say something.

Not rare for you doesn't mean not rare for everyone else. I and all of my gaming friends have bought 100s of dollars of Steam games as well and never experienced anything like you have. Your situation sucks and you definitely have a right to be pissed but your overreacting in saying you won't play RO2, everyone else shouldn't use Steam, and Valve is crooks. Like I said, they have no reason at all to purposely screw you out of money. There was just some mess up with your key.

Upvote 0

:rolleyes:

And have you bothered to contact their support in any of those cases to see what was going on? Chances are since you didn't do it for the instance in your OP that you didn't do so in the instance in this post either.

I've submitted tickets before, I know people within their support system as well. They are generally very helpful, especially when it comes to matters such as this.

Like I said, make sure you submit a ticket, don't resubmit, don't update it or you'll be moved to the end of the queue. And make sure you were emailed a support ticket ID number.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.