• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Achievements: Coming to RO. Soon.

A little more info on achievements and the update. First off, yes any RO mod that we put up on Steam will be able to have their own mod specific achievements. Also, regarding getting your stats VS bots - the game is going to require at least 16 human players on a server for stats/achievements to count. Finally, from what we have seen in our testing it appears that upgrading RO to use the newer version of Steamworks has fixed the player count issues in the server browser. And finally, we've not given out all of the news on the update just yet. We've got one more surprise in store for you ;)

The surprise is Darkest Hour mod gets released on Steam along with the new update :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously

Seriously

Seriously people, you are suggesting impossible achievements. Some of them are good, then you add something like a time limit, and it ****s it up. I really hope we don't have "kill 1000 people with x weapon" because those are my least favorite. I like ones like the lagging faust, or invisible tank, but then they are broken by adding that you have to do it multiple times. Here are my ideas:

+Kill at over 500m with non-scoped weapon
+Kill at over 75m with pistol
+Headshot a stationary enemy with a pistol
+Headshot an enemy who's legs are wounded
+Have every body part damaged
+Have your weapon shot out of your hand, pick it back up, and kill the person you shot it out of your hands
+Have your cooked grenade shot out of your hand, and have it kill the person who shot it out of your hands
+Kill a tank in 1 shot with the AT rifle
+Kill a tank at over 1000m
+Headshot 3 people in one life with a scoped weapon
+Be melee'd to death while at a mounted machine gun.
+Kill someone, then die from their dead grenade or panzerfaust
+Die in smoke cloud
+Get a 3x kill streak in a smoke cloud
+Kill 3 people with one satchel charge
+Capture a control point by yourself
+Get a 3x kill streak while defending a control point
+Kill every enemy in a control point
+Kill 5 people from the same machine gun position
+Get a 5x kill streak using only melee

Upvote 0
I actually find it odd that people get upset over us dropping in Achievements. They are a bit of fun, that people can chose to take notice of, or ignore. We'll be picking those that represent our style of gameplay in RO. But its a bit of fun - ya know, like playing games is fun?

Heretic!! people playing for fun?! this is madness!

now seriously, I never understood why people think of "fun" and "realism" as opposite concepts, maybe they've been playing that frustrating ArmA for too long =P

I'm looking forward for the acheivements and their improvement on gameplay =)

Upvote 0
Ura Pobyeda! - Run headfirst into a firing enemy, resulting in your screen being constantly blurred from suppressive fire until you close and bayonet him. :D

Shtrafbat - Accidentally die in a mine field 5 times or more in a single round OR alternatively, get killed by the enemy's machine gunner(s) 5 or maybe 10 times in a single round.

Twenty Year Man* - Survive an entire round without dying AND taking place in half the required captures or more. *Replace "Twenty Year Man" with an appropriate expression for a career soldier in the Wehrmacht Heer or RKKA.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think that achievements, if they are implemented in a way for improove team play and fun together, are a good idea.....if you don't like it just ignore it......but i think that when you play on pubs it's nice have a new challange......this game is 2 years old and new stuff are always welcome........if you think that achievements will destroy team work, try to stop playing pubs and join a clan!!!!!:D:D

so thank you all the dev for their work!!! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0