• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Achievements: Coming to RO. Soon.

Been thinking about this long and hard and achievements are great and all but what are they really worth without a few
special un-lockable weapons and perks? Here are some of my suggestions..

BabyBomb Perk, cute but devastating!..unlockable only after soldier attains rank of 3X Generalfeldmarschall.
unlock3.jpg

Gas DogZ! Dogs with gas masks that can throw grenades! Great on Danzig! Able to unlock this perky after surviving a genuine Monkeyman fart online via TS 30 consecutive times.
unlock2.jpg

Mastery of 'Tha Force' Perk..Be able to consecutively win as Commander 100 times.
Thereby obtaining a lightsaber for 1 round.
unlock11.jpg

'Eye of The Beholder' Perk..If Able to snipe 20 people in 1 round without flinching or dying.
Sniper obtains a scoped redeemer for the next round.
unlock12-2.jpg

'Butt Ugly' (also known as 'The Baby-Got-Buttstocked') Unlock..
Awarded to transgressor due to a multitude of TK's and excessive azzhattery beyond the call of duty!
User spawns without any weapon for 2 rounds and their own teammates can TK them without any punishment.
ugly_man2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sanity: After loading up RO for the first time after the update a button is unlocked in the options allowing you to turn off achievements!

yeah out of interest will there be an option to opt out of the achievements?
For ppl like me who may find them too tempting to go after - but in doing so find what they are actually achieving is greater isolation from their wives/kids/families...

Upvote 0
Achievements are all you've been working on?

I'm underwhelmed.

Or is it all that you're going to tell us about.

Yep they have been working feverishly for the past two years to get these achievements out ;)

I hope at least there will be an option for servers to turn them off! The last thing I want is to be in the middle of a match lining up a shoot then a massive box comes up in the middle of the screen with music and flashing lights saying I have got the UBER CAMPER achievement for sitting in the same spot for 20 seconds...

Upvote 0
Achievements are all you've been working on?

I'm underwhelmed.

Or is it all that you're going to tell us about.

Well, given that we released the base game just about 3 years ago - and are still producing FREE content/additional stuff for it, I'd have to say that the community is doing pretty well out of us :)

And, as has been said - if you don't care about achievements, just ignore them. As for what else we've been working on - well, you'll just have to wait and see!

I bet they are testing it out for Game 2. Using RO as testing platform. Pretty smart... if it's true.

We've always attempted to be smart :) But what is this "Game 2" thing??

And here is an Achievement I want to see in:

Help the Aged: Kill any evil, sneaky rat (Putz) who is just about to bayo, butt-smack, shoot, blow up or otherwise hurt the oldest dev - ME!

Upvote 0