• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Achievements: Coming to RO. Soon.

Steam Achievements - Coming to a battlefield near you - soon!

Steam%20small.gif

Some of you have already spotted the testing - so here it is officially: yes, we are indeed updating RO once again. This time with Steam Achievements. Now you can finally get the rewards you wanted in the game - proof of your successes and bragging rights. Nice badges and awards to show your friends. We're testing the system out at the moment and will be implementing in more detail over the next few weeks.

And here is a little challenge for everyone in the community: define some achievements of your own! We've got quite a few ideas what to hand out the awards for, but what would YOU like to see? Add your own ideas in to this forum thread. Maybe we will have to create an achievement for the person who dreams up the best/most idiotic achievement...

lol

score whore: acheivement for giving a lot of ammo to mgers

27" Screen: acheivement for extremely long range kill (Tank, Bolt action and maybe Sniper too)

Murphy hates you: acheivement for killing yourself with your own tank shell that bounced off an enemy tank

Mine is longer: for long range Tank hipshots (unbuttoned)

Grinder: acheivement for killing people with AT weapons

Sadits: Stab someone 3 times without killing him (is it possible?)

Vassili: kill 10 people in a row with a bolt action/sniper without wasting a single shot

Hero: survive a whole round capping all the objectives!!

Punishment divine: die 5 times in a single round by random arty

achievement for x number of mutual kills (by bullets)

acheivement for hunting (populated) clowncars with panzerfausts

achievements for killing x ammount of people with a single HE / Arty / Satchel and Nades

acheivement cap all objectives in x number of maps

Fanboy: play 95% of your time for one side

probably more later =P

*Updated, names may change, but here are just some ideas

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its for tanks as well ok then.....

I once killed 5 IS-2's, 3 T-34/85's, and an SU-76 in a disabled Panther on RO-Debrecen expending all of my AP ammuntion and having to bail.

So I guess:
-Achievement for heavy-tank kills-:)
-Achievement for alot of tank kills -:)

-Achievement for running out of AP ammo.
-Achievement for staying in disabled tank and effectively killing enemies

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Waxx- Politruk Effect: As a Russian soldier, shoot your Kommandir in the back.
Me- Glorious Leader: As Soviet Squad Leader, be in the capzone for every cap. Minimum 4 Capzones, 10 minutes.
Me- The Vasily Factor: As a normal soldier, pick up a dropped sniper rifle, and live for the remainder of the round, minimum 10 minutes, minimum 10 kills.
Waxx- Dedication: Play Arad for six hours straight
Waxx- Milosevic: Kill an unarmed opponent

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome! This might bring me back for a while. Please Tripwire, challenging and creative achievements! Not so much like "Play X map gazillion hours", "Kill trillion people with pistol". I think this one will buy you some more time for Game 2 :)

Hero of the Army: Make a suicide run with a grenade and kill 4 enemies with you.
Area Denial: Kill 30 enemies(probably needs adjustment) in 10 minutes inside the same objective with MG.
Artillery Magnet:
Die 5 times in a round with random artillery.
Knock Knock: Die by getting bashed while looking through scope/binoculars.
Blitzkrieg: Win a round under 3 minutes(it's possible in clan matches, should bring some fun to clan play, don't forget them for achievements!).
Divine Intervention: Die by your own tank shell(AP).(This happened to me once :) )
Equaliser: Switch to the team with less people 20 times when the teams are unbalanced.
Political Officer: Issue 20 orders in a round while being a Squad Leader.
Punctual Man: Stop a cap which was progressing steadily by entering capzone 20 times.
Last Stand: Stop a cap by entering the capzone when the cap was over %95 percent.
Enlisted: Play RO for 4 hours straight(no idling!).

Of course these achievements should only be possible to achieve on official RO maps and servers with a population minimum of 16. Otherwise we'll see some unnecessary stat padding maps and servers.

It's too late now, but I have some more really nice ideas. Till tomorrow!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Turkey shoot - Hit and kill someone at over 200 meters
Deer hunter - Hit a running target at over 200 meters.
Tower of power - Be on top of someone else for 5 minutes.
Haxx - Hipshoot someone at over 150 meters.
Bullseye - kill 30 people without missing a single bullet in between
Superfaust - kill a tank at 100 meters with a faust.
Rocketlauncher - Kill 3 infantry soldiers within a minute with fausts only
One day fly - stab someone while midair but do not survive the jump.

Upvote 0