• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Achievements: Coming to RO. Soon.

ironcrossnd7.jpg
Iron Cross - Once ALL achievements have been completed get 5000 kills as axis player.

goldstr.jpg
Hero of the Soviet Union - Once ALL achievements have been completed get 5000 kills as Russian player.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have noticed that, although RO has always strived to be a Team Game, the majority of possible achievements listed so far appear to be solo / single player only?

Is it possible to develop achievements that require/demand some kind of co-ordinated team play?

Agreed! I've read like every suggestion so far and haven't seen much of these. Let's start thinking about some more co-operative achievements!

Here are a few more ideas:

Our Turf - Eliminate 15 enemies inside a capzone between you and another teammate without either of you dying

Blitzkrieg - Reach an enemy-controlled capzone with 14 other teammates (capzone must be occupied by at least one teammate the whole time)

Follow The Leader - Remain within 20 yards of your squad leader for 2-3 straight minutes

True Pals - You and another teammate are within 20 yards of each other for 10 total minutes of a round (excluding tank drivers)

Path of Destruction - You and another teammate reach every capzone while staying within 20 yards of each other

Trust in Your Command - Spend 60 minutes at the rally point

Lay to Waste - As machine gunner, kill 20 enemies and be reloaded 10 times by teammates

Upvote 0
Oh soz my mistake, is the Knight's Cross the highest ever German military award ?

Yes, the highest award in the German military was the Knight's Cross, or, specifically, the Knight's Cross with Gold Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds, the later only being awarded to a single man; a Stuka pilot named Hans-Ulrich Rudel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Ulrich_Rudel).

Upvote 0
I knew the Soviets had a whole bunch of them:

Historical Soviet Medals:

Defense of Odessa
Defense of Sevastopol
Defense of Soviet Arctic
Defense of Caucasus
Defense of Kiev
Defense of Leningrad
Defense of Moscow
Defense of Stalingrad
Capture of Vienna
Capture of Budapest
Capture of Koenigsberg
Capture of Berlin
Liberation of Belgrade
Liberation of Prague
Liberation of Warsaw
Victory over Germany
Victory over Japan

How about medals awarded for successfully defending or capturing a particular map X (a number) amount of times.

I think that would maybe get folks to vote for some of the Community made maps that have not been played recently.

Could this be done??

Example:

Each map you play, or maybe to give the maps longevity, when you play a particular map say, I don't know, 25 times total (maybe more? 40? perhaps some other, maybe even an unreasonable number?), and your side wins the map, and only if you are still alive (and perhaps if you also keep the same name for your Player Character) at the end of the round, a record is kept that you survived the battle.

If you do this, what's reasonable (?), I don't know, 15-25 times (maybe more?; if you play RO a lot), you win the Capture of Budapest (or Danzig, Kriegstadt, Berlin, Odessa, etc.) Medal; or the Liberation of Warsaw (or Budapest, Debrecen, etc.); or the Defense of Stalingrad Kessel (or Leningrad, Tractor Works, Basovka, Moscow, Enemy At The Gates, etc., whatever map) Medal.

A Capture or Defense Medal for each map played x amount of times, and if you survive x amount of times.

That, I think would make players play and vote for a variety of maps a number of times, as opposed to concentrating on favorites.

You can base the design of the Medals on the actual historical Medals as listed above (if you Google, you should find them quickly), and make up your own for the maps that are not on the list (it would be great if they could have a few words in the Russian language on them!).

People basically could collect the medals.

The German medals would be similar; I'm not any medal expert, but I am sure the Germans had something similar.

If not, some fictional medals could be designed which would serve for the same purpose as the Soviet Medals in the game.

EDIT: It looks like the Germans had medals called Campaign Shields. Perhaps something with an eagle or Stahlhelm on it or some other appropriate symbol, and the name of the RO map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
new subject?

new subject?

Yeah, RO is still strong if everyone is teamwork minded, like I ain't lookin to beat en1 up in a firefight all by my self, but the game I just finished was exploited by my own teammates allowing someone named sompin "slaughter" sompin, thru the line to stalk me lol I was never so embarrassed.....I'm lookin for some sporty competition, without the hassels of someone hacking my style.

Upvote 0
Something better update?

Something better update?

Yeah , if there was an achievement for bayoneting someone I'd get it,(its hard to get) but they never really put their minds into making the tanks on opposite sides distinguishable enough for me to use one, ask anyone who's seen me in a tank I shoot my own side more often than anything else. :eek:
I haven't seen any of the really good maps getting used on servers at all. I'd list them if I hadn't stopped playing RO so long ago that I Don't remember the names of em...:(

Upvote 0
they never really put their minds into making the tanks on opposite sides distinguishable enough for me to use one, ask anyone who's seen me in a tank I shoot my own side more often than anything else. :eek:

Err...
What ?
Seriously ?
I think you need to get your eyes checked...
I never understood how one could TK a tank, except maybe when said tank is a thicket of bushes and facing the wrong way or something.
Damn, even the bloody captured T34 on BlackDay is easily recognizable...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tanks are not my specialty,but snipers are! and all the sniper maps are bogus ones "the ones Ive tried", they get those little crannys to hide in and won't come out of em...lol
Mare Nostrum?
It looked good but I got too much lag,then the noobs were the only players trying it.
I'm trying "darkest hour" at this rate it'll take an hour to download.
I hope its better than Nostrum:cool:

Upvote 0
A little more info on achievements and the update. First off, yes any RO mod that we put up on Steam will be able to have their own mod specific achievements. Also, regarding getting your stats VS bots - the game is going to require at least 16 human players on a server for stats/achievements to count. Finally, from what we have seen in our testing it appears that upgrading RO to use the newer version of Steamworks has fixed the player count issues in the server browser. And finally, we've not given out all of the news on the update just yet. We've got one more surprise in store for you ;)

Upvote 0