• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam account simple questions

I have a friend who is afraid of making steam account and running steam. I have my steam account for few years now so I am not sure what does it take to make new one nowdays.

His main concerns are:

Is credit card required to create steam account and run steam client by itself?

What information about a client is required to create steam account(ex: address etc)?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if a boxed version key will allow you to d/l the actuall game via steam... I dont see why, but, I simply dont know.

Regarding making purchases via steam, ofcourse it will ask you for your address, any site that requires payment via a credit card requires this information (even seting up a paypal requires this info, though once its setup, and you use it to make purchases on other sites, you wont need to enter all that extra info.)

Shadehunter

Upvote 0
djsatane said:
I have a friend who is afraid of making steam account and running steam. I have my steam account for few years now so I am not sure what does it take to make new one nowdays.

His main concerns are:

Is credit card required to create steam account and run steam client by itself?

What information about a client is required to create steam account(ex: address etc)?

Thanks!

lol, i don't know about you guys but this looks like an my friend is me thing, meh anyhow you don't need a credit to create a steam account.

Upvote 0
CamperJoe said:
No it isnt secure, thats why thousands of people buy from it, right?
Next time leave your sarcasm somewhere else please.

Tyr said:
has anyone had any ill dealings with the debit cards and pre-ordering? is it secure?
Out of a friends experience he hadn't any problems with debit cards nor pre-ordering at steam.

I'm ordering from amazon since 3 years (you surely know that a credit card is required) and not a single problem occured so assume its pretty save.Not 100% save but thats nowhere when you pay with credit- or debit card.

Upvote 0