• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Stats not saving dynamically.

ro_sauce

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
Please change the stat system to dynamically update the master stats ini, because whenever i get disconnected from the internet, or disconnect from a server mid-game, none of the kills i made during playing are saved.

only times my stats are saved are when i make it to the end of a game without being disconnected.

i've wasted tens of hours because of this (and hundreds of kills).

hopefully the next update fixes this.

Hell, it'd be nice if stats even saved on round finish, as opposed to match finish. For quite a long time I thought they did, used to wonder why it was taking me so long to level :p

kf does it just fine, so why not ro2?
KF is usually only dealing with 6players per server. Ro2 servers are already under a decent amount of stress, so I'm not sure getting them to dynamically track the stats of 64players would be entirely feasible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My problem is that it's rare for me to be able to even make it to map end, because my connection drops (only while playing games oddly enough) and so I lose all progress.

Yes it's true that KF is 6person servers, but there's so so so many of them compared to RO2, and (havent checked recently) the number of people playing KF compared to RO2 in steam statistics is quite a bit more.

Would it be possible for stats to track per server?
Then each server uploads those to master server stats list at map end, that way complete stats are compiled, without the loss of stats, and without overloading the master list, stats just wouldnt update client side until the map-end upload on the past server.

In KF, stats can be saved per server, they just arent uploaded, instead kept on the individual servers (due to custom content, mutators, etc.), vanilla KF servers do dynamic tracking just fine though, can join a server, kill some stuff, leave whenever, and stats are saved.

Upvote 0
this day and age of fiber optic internet, and solid state drives, i'm pretty sure it wouldnt be too expensive to make a text file that is constantly being updated.

That would be vulnerable for hackers to boost up their account faster. And like you said, "this day and age of fiber optic internet", you might ask yourself why you disconnect all the time.

Upvote 0
if they cared that much to cheat, they wouldve already used a cheat engine on a server to track which hashes get adjusted in the memory for each weapon kill, and then rehash them so the server uploads inflated stats to the master ini.
not really hard to do at all.

and i already know why i disconnect, it's because i cant afford hi speed internet, that's why i'm on 56k dialup.

so, if someone isn't wealthy enough to purchase the luxury of broadband, then they have to work twice as hard to fill the weapon/class requirements.
if they can afford a stable, fast connection, then they only have to perform the listed requirements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think stats not saving is a bug.
a small minor tweak to the ro2steamstatsandachievements uc is all that is needed, and now that ro2 is on byte patching system, then all you will download is that small change in the rogame.u file.

it's not hard, so do it. i'm not asking for 20 new weapons and abilities, requiring 800+ hours of code, i'm asking them to change one small thing.

Upvote 0
I don't look at it as a bug.

If the player scores would be maintained and remembered during gameplay, then players will leave in the middle of an ongoing match, because they will still get their points. If it only saves them at round end, then at least they will stay to keep their earned points. The server won't notice the difference between a player leaving the server or disconnecting due to a bad connection.

If you disconnect by accident during a game, then rejoining with the in-game console RECONNECT command will bring you back on the server without losing your score as long as it's still the same round.

Upvote 0