• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Static Mesh Catalogue

Great list. Just discovered it. Thanks for posting it.

I do have a question. After reading the Stalingrad Grain Silo Level thread as well as threads such as the antitank gun on the Barezina Map, am I to understand that all the static meshes included on this list are sort of public domain for folks playing with the SDK Editor? Or will use of one of the static meshes listed potentially result in the original unlisted static mesh creator demanding it be removed from a map\level?

I'm new to the game and to playing with the SDK Editor, and haven't the foggiest idea on what all the unwritten rules are for use of the hundreds of static meshes I see when I open the SDK Editor. I suppose I have the same question regarding the various textures I see listed in the editor.

I do this for fun -- both playing the game and fiddeling with the editor, so am not interested in using any bits and pieces that will result in someone getting P.O.d. Can I use textures, brushes and staic meshes that come stock with the game, or is this something that Tripwire discourages? Can I use stuff that non-Tripwire folks have created? What are the rules, and where are the rules recorded?

Thanks
Jeff

Upvote 0
You are free to use TWI static meshes and textures for your maps and meshes but you are not allowed to make money with this conent (create a mappack and then sell it) or use it for any other project with is not related to RO. For example Epic could sue you if you would use UT2k4 textures in RO.

About user created content be polite and ask for permission but if you use it for RO (and it was created for RO) I don't see a problem. I think you could be sued for using some elses content but he would have to prove it was his but simply don't try to piss off people ;)

Also the static mesh catolgue could use an update, the new content is not included (for example Danzig stuff)

Upvote 0
You are free to use TWI static meshes and textures for your maps and meshes but you are not allowed to make money with this conent (create a mappack and then sell it) or use it for any other project with is not related to RO. For example Epic could sue you if you would use UT2k4 textures in RO.

About user created content be polite and ask for permission but if you use it for RO (and it was created for RO) I don't see a problem. I think you could be sued for using some elses content but he would have to prove it was his but simply don't try to piss off people ;)

Also the static mesh catolgue could use an update, the new content is not included (for example Danzig stuff)

Thanks Kettch.

My intent is of course to just try and add some additional (hopefully) interesting maps for RO play and of course to be polite while doing it. I just wasn't sure about how one goes about crediting the appropriate folks for all of the textures and static meshes I might use in a map. I suppose the safe bet is to create everything myself, to include soldiers uniforms, vehicle meshes and animations, etc etc etc etc etc etc.

But I only wanna tinker a bit as I work 50 to 60-hours a week. RO is just a hobby for me, but from some of the forum posts I have been reading I see some folks are super sensitive about their work being reused in other maps. I figure I am walking in a minefield by expressing any interest in trying to put togeather a new level for RO. Not really my interest as this is -- as I say -- something I want to do just for fun. My work already provides me with enough real world conflict, and I am not interested in adding to that load during my hobby time. :)

Upvote 0
But on the oter hand there are people who are super happy if someone else is using their content (like me). For me it is a compliment saying that I made content of adequate quality. I don't have to share anything yet but you can use my stuff for RO in the future (if you want :rolleyes:)

Thanks very much Lt Kettch. I don’t suppose you have a website or the like where I can download your materials.

I figure the safe bet is to stick with Stock Tripwire materials, but would love to use materials from others as long as I know it's OK with them, and who I should be crediting in the map write-up for non-Tripwire\homegrown textures and the like. It wasn't clear to me from this excellent list by Chernuk who some of the static mesh authors might be.

I have been told from a very reliable source :) -- which basically verifies what you have just said above -- that it is legal and within the bounds of level making etiquette to employ Tripwire made RO materials for new RO levels. That is as long as you’re not trying to sell the like. You also can't use any of the Tripwire textures, brushes, static meshes, etc. etc. etc. for anything other than making new RO levels\maps. So thumbs-up to the good folks at Tripwire for giving us permission to use their texture work, static mesh work, brush work (etc etc etc) for making new RO maps\levels.

Sorry, to the old hands here if this has already been hashed out ad nauseam in previous forum discussions. Like I say, I’m a late comer to the game and am still trying to learn the ropes of the editor.

All the best
Jeff

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Static Mesh List update

Static Mesh List update

Firstly a BIG thankyou to Chernuk i wouldnt have started this project but am happy to update it!

I am working on a map and am indebted to Chernuk for this list ..

But i thought making it an Excel spreadsheet gave it some flexibility at end user level, and hopefully ppl can somehow add and link their SM's to the list that they are happy to have used publically, maybe that needs its own thread.free to use SM's
Anyway for my Birthday im giving RO Community a present

Ps yes it has Danzig :)
lemme know if ive missed any Tripwire maps

Denis aka (Sined_Oz)

Attachments

• Static_Mesh_List_a.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0