• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stat Perfdump & You!

holy crap it did it again. Seems it's guaranteed to happen if I just play the game long enough (1-4hours). The game will run pretty okay when I start it up and play a few matches. As time goes on, performance deteriorates. Eventually it will hit the **** point. As soon as the sound starts getting garbled, I know that's the limit, I can't play the game anymore. When the sound goes like that, the game starts it's rapid decline into a slideshow.

I ran the perfdump thing several times so you can see how it just kept getting more miserable...um assuming all those numbers in there help you see. Interestingly, at the end of this round when I was far from any enemies, it didn't run like a slideshow, the closer I got to the enemies the worse it got. Got an enemy in my sights and it went to slideshow again. Don't know if there's any significance to that or if it's pure random. My ping didn't go bad this time.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7822180/Launch3.loghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/7822180/Launch3.log

I hope these are useful. Should I seek email/one-on-one support for my problem? I can get you a nice extended run down of my specs with dxdiag and this program called 'Speccy'. I'd like this to be fixed. I don't believe it to be a problem with my computer as this only happens with RO2. There is nothing in my event viewer to indicate a problem while playing the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi.
I've installed game by steam. When I'm run it the screen goes black and there is no signal from video card to my monitor. The game run because there is a sound of intro and menue clicks.
Comp spec:
c2d e8400
Ati 4870 (tested on driver 11.8 and 11.9)
8GB Ram DDR2 800mhz
W7 64Bit Ultimate witch all updates

this is a log file

Code:
Log: Log file open, 10/17/11 22:29:14
Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
Log:  ... running in INSTALLED mode
Init: Version: 7258
Init: Epic Internal: 0
Init: Compiled (32-bit): Oct 13 2011 10:49:37
Init: Changelist: 641002
Init: Command line: 
Init: Base directory: e:\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\binaries\win32\
[0000.10] Init: Computer: GSTATION
[0000.11] Init: User: BuLLiT
[0000.11] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=2
[0000.11] Init: High frequency timer resolution =2.930869 MHz
[0000.11] Init: Memory total: Physical=8.0GB Pagefile=16.0GB Virtual=4.0GB
[0000.31] Log: STEAMWORKS initialized 1
[0000.36] Init: WinSock: I am gStation (192.168.2.101:0)
[0000.36] Init: Presizing for 33476 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
[0000.36] Init: Object subsystem initialized
[0000.46] DevDataBase: Connection to "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=production-db;Initial Catalog=EngineTaskPerf;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Connection Timeout=2" or "10.1.20.20" failed
[0006.73] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:RegisterLocalTalker
[0006.75] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:ResetStats
[0006.83] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:GetNumberOfCurrentPlayers
[0006.93] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:GetCurrentVOIPLevel
[0007.02] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO1License
[0007.02] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO2Preorder
[0007.02] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO1License
[0007.02] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO2Preorder
[0012.79] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Texture2D EngineMaterials.RandomMirrorDisc': Failed to find object 'Texture2D EngineMaterials.RandomMirrorDisc'
[0016.55] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class ROGame.ROUIScenePickupSelect': Failed to find object 'Class ROGame.ROUIScenePickupSelect'
[0016.55] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object 'Class ROGame.ROUIScenePickupSelect'
[0016.60] Warning: UUIInteraction::PlayUISound: NULL PlayerController for player 0 while trying to play sound 'Focused'.
[0016.97] DevMemory: Virtual  memory allocation size: 198.35 MByte (207982592 Bytes)
[0017.07] Warning: InsertScene: Duplicate scene tag (ROUIScene_MainMenu) detected: NewScene 'ROUISceneMainMenu ROGameMenus.MainMenu.ROUIScene_MainMenu' ExistingScene 'ROUISceneMainMenu Transient.ROUIScene_MainMenu_0'
[0017.17] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class ROGame.ROUIScenePickupSelect': Failed to find object 'Class ROGame.ROUIScenePickupSelect'
[0017.17] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object 'Class ROGame.ROUIScenePickupSelect'
[0021.25] Exit: Preparing to exit.
[0021.56] Exit: Game engine shut down
[0021.57] Exit: Windows client shut down
[0021.57] Exit: XAudio2 Device shut down.
[0021.63] Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
[0021.66] DevDataBase: Spent 0.000062 seconds communicating with "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=production-db;Initial Catalog=EngineTaskPerf;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Connection Timeout=2" or "10.1.20.20"
[0021.66] Exit: Exiting.

Upvote 0
Low performances

Low performances

Hello,
Thank you for reading. For me, the game runs about 15 fps most of the time, sometimes 30 fps max (on precise map's points), even in the lowest settings, but i think normally, my pc should run it much better, even it's not the best warlord:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40 Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte EP41-UD3L
3,5 Go ram
Gigabyte GTX 460
Thank you very much for helping me & keeping on patching and fixing owners's problems, i keep hoping that RO2 deserves a good place in many gamers's hearts. Apologises for my english. Regards

Attachments

• Launch.log
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
more log files

more log files

hope these help, looking forward to the day I can play this game again. Keep up the good work TW. Also I have one log file that is too large for me to upload at 3.64Mb how could I share this to you guys?

Attachments

• Launch.log
    24 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.10.22-23.48.42.log
    12 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.10.22-23.56.15.log
    4.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Problem:
The game is not playable on the lowest settings, even at the start menu the mouse indicator responds slow, MP and SP are even worse.

Tried: Updating NVIDIA drivers, windows update, shutting down Resident Shield from AVG, Tried playing offline, tried "The Common Solution"

system specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

AMD Athlon II X2 250 processor 3.00GHz
RAM 4,00 GB (3,75GB av.)

HD [C:] 104 GB available of 146 GB

NVIDIA GeFORCE 7025 / NVIDIA NFORCE 630a

motherboard: GIGABYTE M68MT-D3

Attachments

• Launch.log
    66.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
No menu when connecting to server

No menu when connecting to server

When I try to join a server from main menu or Steam server browser, I am greeted with the background image only. There is zero text or other display. I can only exit game using Task Manager.
There have been a couple times where I left the game at this "blank" screen and after several minutes the team select option came up. I played once after this but movement was severely impeded, though weapon animations and sound were normal; I could hear people on their mics fine also. I don't think my game model was actually interacting much if at all as I didn't hit anyone I shot at and no one shot at me even though I was right in front of them, moving so slowly. I threw a grenade and it disappeared from my hand.
I had been playing since beta but now haven't been able to play for over a week. Tried multiple file/ folder deletions then Steam verification. Did a full re-install of game and no joy.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
AMD Phenom 9850 BE
ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
8 GB RAM
Kingston SSD
Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2011.12.05-00.46.46.log
    15.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.12.06-18.20.57.log
    140 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.12.07-22.22.37.log
    8 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.12.05-21.23.33.log
    4 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.12.05-21.18.16.log
    20 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I've finally been able to register on the forums after lurking for a few years. For some reason the forum thought I was a spam-bot when I tried to register earlier.

Anyway here is my perfdump.

I was playing on a 40 player server on apartments running around on the yard outside HQ with 30-40 fps which is quite normal for me. Sometimes the fps dips down into the low 20s and stays there. At times I can play at 40-60fps, not for long though.
These are my computer specs:
Intel q6600 @3.0Ghz
Radeon 6950 2GB
4GB ram
Soundblaster x-fi xtrememusic soundcard.

I currently play with medium setting although switching between high and low seems to have just marginal effect on performance.

Attachments

• Launch.log
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hi, I've been having a lot of problems getting the game to run at a playable rate. Sometimes I will get 40-50 fps if I'm in a building and nothing is happening, but going outside or getting into a firefight causes an atrocious drop in framerate (20-25 fps). This log was taken with settings on low, although I have experienced no noticeable difference running it on high-ultra (maybe 10 fps difference at the high end, less when performance is poor). I also tend to get stuttering when the framerate drops.

I am running windows 7 64 bit. My pc is a dual core amd athlon 4600+ 2.4ghz with 3 gigs of ram and an EVGA gtx 460.

I defragged my hd yesterday, although it made no difference whatsoever. I have also added the entire steam folder as an exception to my antivirus, which is running in gaming mode anyway. Single player performance has been worse than mp.

Attachments

• Launch.log
    73.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Unexplained FPS drops, along with drops in GPU usage

Unexplained FPS drops, along with drops in GPU usage

Hello!

I am frequently getting very strange FPS drops that persist (even in the main menu) until the game executable is restarted.

The drop manifests iteself "random amounts of time" into any game, often going from 70-80 FPS on ultra/high settings to 20-30, along with a GPU usage drop of ~80-90% down to ~30%.

My system specs are:

Mainboard: ASUS Rampage Formula X48
CPU: Intel Q6600 G0 (OC to 3.2GHz)
RAM: GEiL PC8500 DDR2 (8GB)
GPU: Sapphire 7850 2GB OC edition (currently at stock speeds)
Audio: Creative Soundblaster Audigy2

All CPU/GPU throttling is disabled, everything runs on full blast all the time.
All clock speeds are stable (no GPU going to 2D mode ingame etc).
All voltages are stable, no spikes/dips.
All temperatures well within reasonable limits, nothing is overheating.
No system variables change before/after the drop (memory usage, pagefile etc) except from CPU/GPU usage - and framerate, of course.

I appended a logfile of a multiplayer game on Mamayev Kurgan, with three perfdumps taken.
First dump: Right after joining, at spawn. 70-80 FPS, everything is fine.
Second dump: After the drop, at spawn again. 20-25 FPS, low CPU/GPU usage
Third dump: Main menu. <35 FPS ...

Upon restarting the game, everything goes back to normal for some time (matter of minutes, mostly), until the drop inevitably occurs again.

From my limited understanding of the logs, what happens is that the "render thread idle time" shoots up, even surpassing the actual render thread working time after the drop occurs.
Maybe someone with more inside knowledge of RO2's/UE3's workings can make something of it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the game is pretty much unplayable at the moment, bar a few minutes each launch.

I started a thread in the support section, but so far, even with many people offering their help and posting ideas, we haven't been able to pinpoint what causes this strange "sudden laziness" of the game engine.
In case you want to help, have an idea, or need more info about my case, here's the link:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=80250

Thanks in advance,
misterX

Attachments

• Launch.log
    194.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
A new interesting technical problem I have found recently.

A new interesting technical problem I have found recently.

I'm not sure if I have this in the right forum, but here goes nothing.

I recently bought the Rising Storm and was playing the beta. I had my graphics settings set to Ultra and I was running fine, around 50 - 60 FPS, if not higher (I noticed not a single FPS drop), when after about 1 and 1/2 hours my display turned off and I could no longer hear ingame sound either. I've tested other GPU and CPU intensive games, yet I have not had this problem with any of them, leading me to the conclusion, something isn't right with the Rising Storm.

After trying to get back into the game, giving it another chance to not repeat the problem, I get about 5 minutes of play and then the same problem occurs.

I think my PC might be overkill for this game, but still my computer specs are:

- Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
- Intel Core i7-3970X @ 3.50GHz (12 CPUs)
- 16gb RAM
- 2x Nvidia GeForce GTX 680's (4gb)
- Resolution : 1920 x 1080
- Monitor : Acer G245HQ

I've checked all drivers and I am almost certain there is no problems my end. (I work in repairing and building PC's, I have 'some' experience with more advanced features of PC's)

Attachments

• Launch.log
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
No idea what happened but since the release of the last RS build I have a giant FPS drop. I used to play on high or ultra settings with a solid framerate between 30 - 60 frames on all maps. Right now I rarely get above 30 frames and sometimes my frames drop to 10-15. Other games or applications work fine and have normal performance.

Windows 7.
Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz 3.30 Ghz
8GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD Series 6870

Attachments

• Launch.log
    344.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Fps issue since the lasg update...

Before I was abble to play all map at 120 fps now I lose Fps when I play with more than 20 player with drop of more than 60 fps on 64 players !

But empty map still work perfectly !

Gtx 680 lightning | 3770k | 8go (Os seven 64bit)

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2013.10.02-02.35.38.log
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is this still working?
I get a lot ofstuttering and FPS drops in the game even on the lowest settings possible even when looking at the sky or floor...
It's been like that for a long time, when I had Windows 7 64bits and still now with Windows 8.1 64bits but I remember playing the game smoothly at 60 FPS even Ultra at one point.

I've done everything I and others in forums could think of but the problem still persists.

:mad:

MOBO: G41M-VS3;
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q8400 @2.73GHz;
RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB DDR3;
GPU: GeForce GTX550 Ti;
Screen: 1360x768.

Attachments

• Launch_2.log
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0