• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stat Perfdump & You!

PUTZ

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Baltimore, MD, USA
If you are having abnormally low performance on good/great hardware we want you to run the following command while in-game (preferably when performance is at its lowest).

When in game, open your console with the ~ key and type in stat perfdump and hit enter. Your game might hitch a little, and you'll see some fps and performance stuff pop up. After it goes away, you can disconnect normally.

Once the game has closed out, navigate to the Logs directory at

[C:\Users\Tester\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Logs]

Give us the most recent log file. Please post it in this thread with some info of what you are looking at, as well as your system specs (OS/RAM/GPU).

Only post the LOG file [.log]. Dump files should go here:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61784

This thread will be pruned from time to time to enable us to keep track of it all!

Last edited:
Here is a perfdump I created today. I ran the game at the settings someone else with the same card was getting 60fps on (card is 6850.)

I got around 20fps on Gumrak, which is just bare ground.

It's possible that this could be a motherboard issue, but I'm by no means a techwizard.

I'll be going back to running the game with everything on low and getting max 35 fps...

Attachments

• Launch.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Here is a perfdump I created today. I ran the game at the settings someone else with the same card was getting 60fps on (card is 6850.)

I got around 20fps on Gumrak, which is just bare ground.

It's possible that this could be a motherboard issue, but I'm by no means a techwizard.

I'll be going back to running the game with everything on low and getting max 35 fps...

What are you system specs, exactly?

Upvote 0
2x 2.83ghz (pentium D apparently)
2gb ram
xp32 os
1x 6850 (asus)
onboard realtek soundcard

I don't know what my motherboard is atm... could find out if it's necesary.

If it matters any, I was able to run the game at medium-high settings with 35fps (playable) before September 12'th patch using 11.2 drivers (which I had rolled back to), but since that patch the 11.2 drivers became really bad and I reverted to 11.8, which is still pretty slow to this day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's more logs for you. I'm just wondering is the command working properly anymore since these logs look different than before in the beta stage? And different from the one Panzer Jager posted before. There seems to be only System Settings getting dumped

C2D E8500 3,8GHz
4GB RAM
Win7 x64
Radeon HD 4870x2

Looking around outside in commissars house. The game seems to perform worst in the beginning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's another log from me, this time I was using all settings on lowest possible, except for lighting and textures both on medium (lighting on low makes everything really dark.) You may need this log instead of the one above as something strange appears to have happened when zipping the file.

I was getting average 8fps on Barracks with around 50 players, with, as said above, almost-minimum settings.
Still the same hardware as I said above, of course.

Attachments

• Launch.log
    125.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems like the performance in this game has steadily gone downhill after each patch during beta for me.

I was looking across the central park area of FallenFighters from the south when this log was taken.

I may take another log while playing on Station, which seems to be one of the worst offenders of raping my framerate while I play, I can't even play on that map.

My system specs are as follows:
i7-960 @ 3.2ghz (usually at 4ghz)
12gb of RAM
Radeon 6950 unlocked to a 6970 (power control +20%, so its effectively a 6970) with Catalyst 11.8
Windows 7 64-bit

Framerate is extremely sporadic, it jumps between 30 and 60 fps a lot. And I'm only running on high settings! Now high runs like ultra did in beta before the last two patches were made before launch.

I can't play in games with more than 32 players anymore without tremendous amounts of framerate jumping.

EDIT: It appears I failed at attaching the log file... go me :) Fixed. I had to put it in a zip file for some reason though...

Attachments

• Launch.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm getting 30-50 frames average. Along with it, My GPU usage is chaotic, only hits 80% once in a blue moon and usually is around 30%-55%. This is the only game I have these issues with. GPU usage is same with 1 frame thread lag off, but less frames per second or something like that.

I might just end up forcing supersampling via Nvidia control panel to get a more stable GPU load so it doesn't stutter as much and as randomly...but don't feel like doing that though...
--------------------------------------------
GTX480 (850/1700/2050) [Performance of a GTX580 Superclock]
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.45GHz
12GB 1600mhz RAM
Windows 7 Home Pre. x64
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

Attachments

• launch log1.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Barracks Map just then 40/40 Players inside a building with arty going off outside. Performance seems to be getting worse with every round I play ATM.

W7 64 bit Home Premium
AMD 1075+ CPU @ 3Mhz
GTX 460 Factory O/C'd : Core Clock 800Mhz Memory Clock 2000Mhz Shader Clock 1600Mhz
8gig G-Skill Sniper Edition DDR3 RAM

Attachments

• Launch.log
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
One set of logs from me too. 64/64 server running Pavlovs house. During the dump I was hiding somewhere on the bottom floor of Zabs looking around the interior of the house. I get below 20 fps on crowded maps such as Pavlovs and Station, especially when artillery strikes. On these maps fps might hover at 30-40 with luck. I need not do anything specific to "achieve" low fps, it's there even if I was hiding behind sandbags looking at the dark corner. I run the game at 1920x1080 with high settings. I tried to set the settings to low and lower the resolution to 1600x900 with no noticeable effect.

System specs:

Windows 7 SP1
AMD Phenom II 965 x4
4x 2GB DDR3
Club3d Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 (With latest DX11 and Catalyst drivers)

The logfile, sorry. Would've uploaded here but it was too big even zipped up.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30323164/download/Launch-backup-2011.09.15-05.45.22.log

Upvote 0
running from admin building to nco on barracks, poor performance made me want to take a perfdump.. i saved it to show it to you..

i started moving while it was running the dump.. should i have stayed still and waited?

win7 64
amd phenom ii x4 955 black ed. @ 3.2ghz
gtx 460 se
8gb ddr3
logitech g35

Attachments

• Launch.log
    22.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's my log from this morning. I started the perfdump when I spawned in grain elevator on the Russian side.

My specs are:

Athlon II x4 640 3.0
Kingmax DDR3 1333mhz 4GB
Palit GTS450 1GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Not exactly a high end gaming rig but should definitelly run this smooth on at least medium details. However changing from low to ultra doesn't effect my fps at all.

Attachments

• launch-skewp.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hello , thanks for this thread .

Cpu : 17 920 @ 3.6 (had it at 4.2 before exactly same results) , also tried with hyperthreading on and off .

Ram 6gb triple channel

Gpu Ati 5870 and geforce 285gtx for physx (also tried with 2 285 gtx , same thing since sli doesn't work and 285 is a odler card , but still made no difference vs the ati)

OS Windows 7 64 bit with service pack 1 (fresh install from around 1 week ago)

OS and game running on a intel ssd x25

Game drops alot of frames no matter if it's high or low , i get exactly the same performance from high to low settings .

I was running the game on Ultra on the latest build of beta and had 60 fps stable .

By the way this was on one of the maps where i get the better prformance (was on the train station one where i got 60 fps stable no problem in last build of beta) but it was still horrible (drops to 30 fps and 40 most of the time on below high settings) , so it doesn't matter , should be enough to see that there is something wrong .

64 player server since i don't play on severs with 32 max etc .

Thanks

Attachments

• Launch.log
    143.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0