• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stat Perfdump & You!

I did as instructed but no log file was created in the log folder. Just a bunch of dump files from the regular crashes.

I sit at 20-30fps most of the time, sometimes going as high as 45fps with the medium settings selected at 1920x1080. Turning settings up to ultra or high results in virtually the same performance.

System is:

AMD 955BE x4 @ 3.5Ghz
2x Radeon 5850
4gb DDR2 1066mhz RAM
WD 1GB 7200rpm

edit: Game seems to crash every second time I join a game now along with regular random crashes in game and when I use the server browser. It's actually got dramatically worse crash wise than yesterday when crashes were less frequent. I had 10+ crashes over 12 hours of gaming. I've played for a couple of hours today and had that many crashes already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I Have framerate issues too
CPU:E2220 Dualcore 2.40GHZX2
Ram:2GB
graphic card:ATI HD 4650
Windows 7 32 bit os
Framerates are 10-25 weither i put low settings or high settings,theyre always same,also my gpu dosnt even gets used,max gets used is 5% gpu load,wtf?can you fix this?why is the game not using my gpu?its always max 5% gpu load and never goes more,is this game too badly unoptimized that it cant use a gpu correctly or not use it at all?I dont get it.

Attachments

• Launch_2.log
    10.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Just a heads up and another perf dump.

There's definitely a Serious issue with Crossfire, I have a dual GPU card (4870x2) and I tried disabling Catalyst AI which also disables crossfire and now I'm suddenly having smooth gameplay and great framerates compared to what it was before.

Here's a perf dump with me looking around in pavlovs house with Catalyst AI disabled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 black edition @ 3.4ghz
GPU: Nvdia GTX 460 1GB Edition
RAM: 6GB DDR2 1066mhz

Start of Beta: Ultra - maxed out everything
End of Beta: Struggling to play on high
Release: now on medium settings, getting anywhere between 10-80fps, mostly lower end and mostly a stuttering laggy mess regardless :(

Hope you can help.

Attachments

• Launch.zip
    55 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
All settings Ultra. In beta I was getting Around 50-67 fps, launch I'm getting 28-34 fps

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1600 Corsair
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 - 1GB - EVGA Superclocked
Hard Drive: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
Monitor Res: 1920 x 1080

Attachments

• Launch.log
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I made an account after seven years of lurking just to do this. I had an account on the mod forums, never switched over. I love the game, I know you guys will work out the bugs! My biggest complaint is the variation in performance. First day of the beta I was playing on Ultra at a steady 25ish. Which was playable. First beta patch. Big drop, dropped my settings, FPS bounced all over the place. It went back and forth, until the last patch, last day of the beta. I was getting 30-50 FPS on all maps, using that "umbra culling" trick (which doesn't seem to have any effect anymore, only gave me a couple extra anyway) on high settings except medium shadows. Now its back to what it was like in the middle of beta.

Anywho...It kinda bums me out since I built my machine to run this game. I heard you guys were using 8800, so I bought a 9800 with 1 gig built in. I figured I was safe considering this is a UE3 game. Here are my specs:

AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9 GHz
4 GB DDR2 (I know...DDR2...reused from my last build)
9800 GT (1 GB)
Windows 7

So I was in Barracks and I'm getting 30's to low 20's. Then comes the arty. Which was a problem in the middle of beta, but by the end the arty had no effect. But yeah. Practically made the game unplayable. I can play a stable 20, but when it jumps around...it kinda sucks. Here is a screen of my settings.

Again, I know you guys will get things worked out. I'm just worried about my performance. Great game though! I got about 30 hours out of the beta. So I already got my monies worth.

Also my log file was larger than the max for some reason?

Attachments

• Launch.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apartment is the only map that works really great, getting 60 fps stable.
30-40 on other maps when I just have entered the server. 10-15 minutes later after all those artillery strikes my fps keeps going down to some 15 then I simply leave the server. Looks like every arty strike decreased my fps more and more and so on.
My settings are mostly low, but textures, details and characters on medium. I started to use umbra culling every time I start the game, it always increases my fps (from 29 to 37 last time).
CPU usually keeps core1 at 90% load and core2 at 80% load while playing, both at 100% when loading the game or a new map, and few seconds after the map loaded and the match started. Getting low fps when the match just started then ( ~20 seconds later) it doubles. After the first arty strike it starts to decrease more and more. GPU is at 20-40% usage. My CPU could bottleneck the GPU but RO2 would be the first game where I experience it. Don't have these problems in other games even those that also use unreal engine. Reinstalling OS had no effect. This was tested on 32-40 player servers, 64p works even worse.
I was planning on upgrading the PC with new cpu, memory, mobo. But after reading that even those who use i5 or i7 cpus have the same problem, I decided to wait and not upgrade it.

Win 7 x64
E6700 3.0Ghz (oc to 3.3 gives no effect at all)
p5n32-e sli plus (latest bios update)
3Gb ddr 2 ram in single channel
GTX 460 (drivers version 280.26, crashed 3 times during playing ro2)
SB X-fi fatal1ty (lastest beta drivers)
5 year old hdd

I used stat perfdump few times today, so I'll post all logs in zip.

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2011.09.15-10.54.38.zip
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.09.15-18.50.22.zip
    27 KB · Views: 0
  • Logs.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0