• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Start Supporting the game again

Zammo76

Feb 5, 2018
Hey TW why not start supporting the game again? You have a steady playerbase it wouldn't take much to add a patch to the game which could be done from home, as most people can't now go to work. Plus also you can release the game on Google Stadia and create more cosmetics to get more revenue in.

Win win if you ask me !

While we are continuing to work towards a final QoL update, the game will no longer be actively supported. It currently does not make enough revenue to warrant putting a team behind it sadly, but that is always something we can re-evaluate, especially if new revenue streams are found that match up with resources being available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the game is on sale like once a month plus the GAM DLC came out (made through the labor of modders, not TW employees) after the last large content update (1.4). How can you honestly say this game does not make enough money?

its been like 9 months since an update, I am sure enough revenue has been generated during this time to substantiate more progress being made in the time we've been waiting. The game is a broken exploitable mess right now and its all falling apart

Upvote 0
While we are continuing to work towards a final QoL update, the game will no longer be actively supported. It currently does not make enough revenue to warrant putting a team behind it sadly, but that is always something we can re-evaluate, especially if new revenue streams are found that match up with resources being available.
What if it was made free-to-play? (And Ostfront, by the way, I really miss that game!!!) Maybe the cosmetics purchases alone in such a scenario could be enough reason to reconsider development, but I don't know. Other noninvasive fields of monetization are possible. This game has incredible potential and it's a shame to see it not being looked into further.

Reactions: INDIAN HORSE
Upvote 0
+1 for making the game free to play. if not for the rest of its lifespan, then at least for a week or something. we still have a pretty dedicated playerbase of 1,800 people across NA and EU, and im sure a lot of them would be willing to shell out some money for additional cosmetics. stuff like sgt. joe's support bundle should be considered.

Upvote 0
Yeah I doubt there isn't significant revenue coming in, if they wanted new revenue streams theres always new cosmetic packs e.g. the Australians could use a lot more cosmetics, same goes for the US, theres many possibilities, Many people still play this game and prey on a final update/new content we were promised prior, (m113, various weapons, mobile ammo boxes etc) why not at the very least release this content into the community so it doesn't go to waste?

Reactions: INDIAN HORSE
Upvote 0
Plans for the final QoL update have not panned out so far as we had intended. Currently our intent is still to do one, but the fine details that get it out the door to players are in question and changing.
Will the patch include fixes to the unranked and whitelist bug? especially the whitelisting, because winter war does not support exp, which is a pretty big deal breaker for players and makes seeding servers harder. Also is there a time window you can give us when the patch will roll out?

Upvote 0