• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
David Kim: Glhf

"And What a great move by David Kim typing good luck have fun. In starcraft it's crucial to acknowledge your opponent at the beginning of the game, and the same will be true for starcraft 2."

"Great, GREAT move. Ho lee has seen this and hes moving his fingers into position and oh- "

Ho Lee: u2

"WOW what a great use of his keyboard"

Upvote 0
lol seems like noone told them their comments were embarassing after the first two videos.

On a lighter side, I did like what I was seeing. Graphics look much grittier and less bubblegum than on the early screenshots. The rock/scissor/paper gameplay also seems to be toned down. A gamestar preview said it's going to be pretty heavy (as in: heavier than SC1) on the micromanagement side though.

Maybe not exactly a revolution in rts gaming, but it seems like a very good perhaps great game. I don't know how to feel about their move to spread it out to three games though, sounds like rip-off. We'll see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know how to feel about their move to spread it out to three games though, sounds like rip-off. We'll see.
Naw, they're including a full length Blizzard campaign (30 missions) in each of the games so it's not a ripoff.

Each one will probably be cheaper than your typical game too.

It's not like you need all three to play multiplayer anyways which is what most people are going to be buying the game for (though obviously SC's kickass storyline is a good reason too)

Upvote 0
Naw, they're including a full length Blizzard campaign (30 missions) in each of the games so it's not a ripoff.

Each one will probably be cheaper than your typical game too.

It's not like you need all three to play multiplayer anyways which is what most people are going to be buying the game for (though obviously SC's kickass storyline is a good reason too)

what if I want to play the whole game just because I like the story and I want to play it properly? I'll have to pay more just because they decided so split their product? will I have to buy 3 damn games then?, I have a better idea, download the "free" version of the damn thing.

One can say they are working more on the game so they need more money, but don't forget you are talking about the richest game developers ever is not like they are really in need, also a campaign in starcraft is an easy thing to make, I made my own campaigns when I was 13, so is not like they are breaking their backs working on its diferent content

I can't stand how companies are pushing it on purpose to see how much BS we can take

Upvote 0
Before Starcraft there was Warcraft, "know what I mean John?"
Or maybe I'm missing the marketing strategy being applied here.

I have been a fan of Blizzard up until recently...money,money,money...
I'm sure that SC2 will be an excelent game.
I have Warcraft2 installed on one of the machines at work, I give it a whirl now and again, its still a good game.

Upvote 0
For one I think Starcraft I was near perfect in terms of single player campaigns: Each one lasted only 10 or so missions, so you got new units with nearly every mission and before it might get boring you switched to another race and storyline.

30 missions in a row in one campaign just sounds like dragging it out. I know they're going to switch to a different race a few times in between, but still.

Also, I kind of doubt that the games will go for less than your usual game does: A lot of people will only buy 1 game for multiplayer, so Blizzard has to make sure they make enough money even if 60?% only buy 1 game instead of 3. So likely, you will have each game going for slightly less than what you nowadays pay for a game. And then you will have 2 further games going for the same. I can't even blame them, their last game must have had the best revenue/cost ration in history ever, so of course they'll be trying to forcefeed us a similar recipe. Depends on if we swallow it.

Personally I'd much rather spend normal full price for 30 mission game once and get a 3/4 full-price addon a year later that adds a second batch of 30 missions. I don't even need new units.

Upvote 0
Pirating wouldn't work if there really is no LAN mode implemented. You're not going to be able to play battlenet without a key. So unless there's some super pirate mod developer out there that can make us a LAN mod or hacks the multiplayer mode so we can play online without BNet, we're boned. Let's hope for the best *cough*cough*

If they make battlenet a paid service, they just lost me as a customer. But they're not stupid: if they really plan to do that they will make it official only after the game is out.

Either way, there'll be enough people playing by they're rules. Seeing how your average WoW junkie has probably invested in excess of 200$, 300$??? into that game, they know how much people are willing to take.

Upvote 0