• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Starcraft II

Well the beta is ending later today. I will not buy the game unless they fix pretty much everything on this list:

• Battlenet 2.0 is terrible. For all it's new innovations it's still a terrible online experiance. There are no chat channels planned. This is horrible for the community. Now smaller clans, communites and tournaments will have to use third party programs like IRC. I can't stress enough how bad this is for both competitive play and building small communities.
  • Privacy issues. In order to add someone to your friends list you have to give them your email and then it displays your full name to them on your profile. Battlenet has also tried to add friends from my facebook account tied to my email.
  • Custom maps. Currently they are listed by popularity (games played/hour) which hides many new maps from the community on the 5th or 6th page. This has allowed people to grief the maplist with advertisements and even messages about how much Bnet sucks.
  • Region locking. You will not be able to cross play with Europe/Asia/NA servers unless you buy the game twice.
  • Zero LAN support.

great, being an israeli im gonna get stuck with korean players only

Upvote 0
I pre-ordered the game a while ago when it was cheap in a source that they didn't offer a beta key. I eventually got beta key from Blizzard themselves (luck?) well, I played compulsively a few days as zerg, mastered it quite well, but then i suddenly got bored, it got too repetitive and I recalled the reasons why I didn't play that kind of games anymore.

In the end you have to start always with the same build order to avoid rush... and there would be only little numbers of possible strategies to win, when you've repeated the same things several times, it gets really absurd to play more. Nothing new to see.

So I canceled the pre-order (I was angry that I didn't get it those places that they don't let you cancel but they give you beta invitation, but now I'm really glad I didn't).

The game itself is amazing to me. What rank were you when the game got stale? I'm at the top of my diamond league as terran/zerg and always try out new **** and for the most part it works. Zerg can get boring if you go "standard" roach + hydra but ling + infester is just as powerful and a lot more fun.

Just check out this vid of some inventive Z play, reminds me of GLA from Zero hour!

YouTube - StarCraft: Legacy - Plays of the Week - 6/04/10 - Part 1/2

I wouldnt care so much to even post if the game was crap. But to me it's the best RTS since CoH so I'm really frustrated with this crap blizzard is trying to pull.

Upvote 0
The game itself is amazing to me. What rank were you when the game got stale? I'm at the top of my diamond league as terran/zerg and always try out new **** and for the most part it works. Zerg can get boring if you go "standard" roach + hydra but ling + infester is just as powerful and a lot more fun.

Just check out this vid of some inventive Z play, reminds me of GLA from Zero hour!

I wouldnt care so much to even post if the game was crap. But to me it's the best RTS since CoH so I'm really frustrated with this crap blizzard is trying to pull.

I was in the silver Leage, I performed pretty bad in the fist test games so i was put in bronze, I learned how to do zerg rush and build fast (I don't like that, I prefer building my whole army before attacking, but in SC its either rush or die), so I wiped them out quickly and advanced to silver leage , but then there I had a 1/1 Win/Loss ratio there, and eventually got tired.

I like to plan my strategies, when they work, they do it fine, but I get mind blocked when I have to improvise. I'm more of a Total War type of strategist than classic RTS one. I prefer building a bigger picture and not having to micromanage everything, sometimes I just get entertained watching my units or my allies units fight, and I forget that I have a lot of stuff to do.

also, there is no 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 modes in the beta... while I recall that in the original, 3 or 4 players joined to rush a single one in those modes, and it doesn't look like is gonna be too different in this one.

not saying the game was bad, its pretty good, but its still a classic RTS with the classic gameplay system with its virtues and flaws. But when I played the beta and got tired, I recalled why I stopped playing classic RTS. Its just not my kind of gameplay, at least not anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Man, GLA was she sh!t! Great great game. I loved that one, truly diverse races.

Nothing better than racing a couple of techies to an enemy base and unloading a bunch of RPGs and suicide bombers :D.

I'm not looking forward to getting my *** whooped online though by people who already been playing for weeks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man, GLA was she sh!t! Great great game. I loved that one, truly diverse races.

Nothing better than racing a couple of techies to an enemy base and unloading a bunch of RPGs and suicide bombers :D.

The sc2 equivelant is pretty close! I've done overlord drops with banelings (Zergling's exploding cousin) and hydras many times.

Upvote 0
You're not Korean, that's why.

I just read this thread and was like "WTF! When did they decide to start charging for Bnet 2.0?"

Then I realized you guys were interpreting statements made almost 2 years ago, and that I'd read this debate back then on the D3 forums.

Monetizing Bnet 2.0 means micro transactions, means paid DLC, means a lot of things other than a subscription fee. Simple as that. Blizzard-Activision is the king, and Kotik is involved....but not even they are that stupid. No one has successfully maintained a subscription-based gaming network other than Microsoft, and that's only because they have all of their customers by the short hairs.

My guess at why Russia will have to pay a sub fee, regardless of what the official line is, is because Russia is ground zero for hackers. If they're going to steal the game anyways, Blizzard wants to make sure they make at least some scratch off them getting anywhere near Bnet. Which will backfire, because they will just upgrade to credit card fraud in order to cheat Bnet.

Anyways, I stopped looking at D3 months ago. This thread reminds me I need to go brush up.

Oh and on topic....CoH > SC, new RTS > Classic RTS. /flees.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm going to run through the campaigns with cheats just so I can watch those amazing cinematics. I always liked the StarCraft story, but to be honest the only RTS game I enjoy at all is Dawn of War 1. Managing the economy bores and frustrates me, I just want to make the tactical decisions. I swear the Blizzard CG department should just make full length video game movies, because the ones with live actors always end up being unmitigated ****.

Last edited:
Upvote 0