• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Star Wars Republic Commando Fans?

arramus

Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2009
Residing in Japan
Download the Killing Floor Republic Commando texture here.

If you've played Star Wars Republic Commando online, which runs on the same generation of the Unreal Engine as KF -- albeit slightly modified and older -- then you're probably aware that LucasArts neglected to provide:

Custom map (or any material for that matter) downloading.
Admin tools.
Client vote functions.
Dedicated server files.
Coop.
and all the standard features you'd expect from an Unreal Engine based multiplayer game.

However they were kind enough to leave in:

Client cheats that often crash the server.
Unpatched bugs.
Unreal Editor.

Even so, it was the first game I modded for and provided a good introduction to the Unreal Editor.

Anyway, here's a skin I'm testing out which is a hybrid Horzine Trooper/Republic Commando. The Horzine Trooper model is pretty versatile across a number of other games and this adds to the Warhammer skin.

repcommdude.jpg

shades_06Oct2009.jpg

Last edited:
jedi outcast/academy + battlefront fullfills my online SW fps needs better than RC ever could with it's v. basic (and frankly lazy) MP setup
However they are lacking a coop mode and this would have been perfect in RC - and i definately would have got into it (love coop)
It's frustrating when a game you like isn't fulfilling it's apparent potential.
good work btw.

Upvote 0
Looks nice, but doesn't this belong in the 3D animation or general modding dicussion thread?

For your benefit, here's the 2D version before it's wrapped around a player model. Take a look in the RO area and previous posts in the 2D area and you'll see a precedent has been set as to what's acceptable. That's where I take my lead. What I would prefer is a specific area for 'Custom Textures' that clearly described textures made specifically for in game use.

600x2.jpg

Upvote 0
Point taken, could you make a trader version of this like you did with the cadian?

Well! Here's a preview image of how she'd look standing along side a Jango Fett clone. I was a little concerned by the commando helmet as it gives a sad teddy bear look. However, if that's your cup of tea then I can bundle it up for release.

rcdudes.jpg

Upvote 0
We tried and tried with COOP until we were bleeding from every orifice but the servers would constantly crash and the enemy bots would not respond to the pathnoding for navigation. Whether this was caused by insufficient net coding or ignorance our end I don't know.

RC didn't really attract much modding attention because it was buggy to mod with. Attempting to compile code would typically result in a crash and the editor and server side functionality is sadly lacking. Without RC community modding talent with the know how it'd be easier to bring RC over to another game rather than patching up what there is.

Upvote 0