• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Stalker mod "L.U.R.K."

KrazyKraut

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Beer capital of the world
It's probably old news to anybody but me, yet I haven't seen a thread about it so what the heck.

Although "Stalker Complete" might have the overall more noticable visual enhancements I think L.U.R.K., whose 1.05 version recently was released, is THE Stalker mod. At least for me:

1. It significantly enhances gameplay and AI (sneaking now becomes a much more viable option than it was before, game feels more realistic overall)
2. ... completely changes the Stalker arsenal to a more diverse and more realistic set-up (bye bye mirrored weapons:rolleyes:, that alone made my day)
3. ... and enhances visuals but keeping and even strengthening the dark theme of the original game.

So if you haven't already, check it out. It brought me back to a game I had lost hope for.:)
The only drawback for me is the sometimes too strong contrast making it hard to identify enemies even at daytime.

Ok, i'e got some questions then, i can see it has stealth, new visuals, the Arsenal mod guns, improved weather, looks like there's some mutants added back in, all good things, but it leaves some questions aswell:

Does it change anything about the dynamics of the Zone? IE will there be random enemies or is it all buisness as usual? random spawning of anomalies and artifacts? that sort of stuff?

Is there sleeping and repairing of gear and guns?

What makes it stand out really? how is it different from AMK or OL?

Upvote 0
Been playing a bit with the Complete mod to get into the game again in preparation for Call of Prypiat, it looks great but nothing's changed gameplay-wise. From what I read about Oblivion Lost it might be a bit too hardcore for me, but LURK seems to be good.

Then again Prypiat will be out soon, already out in Russia and Ukraine from what I hear, so might just as well wait for that - I'm sure to buy it anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well it is a team effort, so yes it seems to recycle some older mods' additions. I guess with permission. How much of its content is recycled i can't tell I never followed the Stalker mod scene.
It does have weapon repair (e.g. at the traider) and does have sleeping. I definetly ran into some mutants that were not in the oriniginal game, but no idea if these were randomly spawned or put there on purpose.

Been playing it for two days now and it really makes me feel this is what Stalker should've been when it came out. Coming from Fallout 3 I really wished there was fast travel though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've given it a spin now, made it to the Garbage so far, and i must say this is very good, it's very similar to Oblivion Lost, but it actually seems a little more dynamic, and so far, i find myself enjoying it a bit more, OL had a tendancy to get stale, after a while you knew exactly where the enemies where going to be when you entered a map, and only very rarely would something random pop up (and it got rarer the longer you played), but LURK is keeping me on my toes, atleast for now.

But, i must say, thease guns are terrible, not the models, sounds and skins mind, they are a big step up from the vanilla stuff, but they are every bit as inaccurate and weak as the vanilla guns, perhabs even a bit more so, shooting someone just doesen't satiesfy, it's more about spraying whole mags at enemies than it is about any actual shooting skill (it's not Clear Sky bad, but it's bad enough).

But i'm not about to let a good mod sink because of that, so armed with my trusty copy of Wordpad, i'm about to mod the everloving hell out of them (ohh laawhdi there's so many! this is gonna take time..), accuracy and power needs improvemnt across the board, and so help me it's gonna happen!

So, whilst i'm diving through code anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for things that could use a tweak? any opinions about the guns you think i should considder?, about the AI? i wont promis anything, but if i like your suggestion chances are i'll code it ;)

Upvote 0
So, whilst i'm diving through code anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for things that could use a tweak? any opinions about the guns you think i should considder?, about the AI? i wont promis anything, but if i like your suggestion chances are i'll code it ;)

i don't know if this has been addressed by mods or a mutator already but what i disliked about stalker was the way the corpses ( or at least those of ppl integral to the story) stayed in position when you revisited an area.
Specifically the fact that they respawned items in their personal inventry.
Asides from being unrealistic ( the wildlife would take the bodies and why are people puting wepons/items in thier pockets?), being the pikey scavenger that i am i couldn't resist plundering everything each time, getting too rich and wasting too much time doing it.

I guess removing the bodies would kill 2 birds with one stone, as it would also surely cut down loading times.

Upvote 0
i don't know if this has been addressed by mods or a mutator already but what i disliked about stalker was the way the corpses ( or at least those of ppl integral to the story) stayed in position when you revisited an area.

I've allways wondered why some corpses stay whilst others don't, but sadly, i have found no answer to that question, i don't see it anywhere in the code, so fixing it seems impossible for now :(

If you sort out the guns to a proper level Grobut I shall give you a hug:p. Its my big main hate about the game, mods like this and even some of the weapon mods that are supposed to help.

Well, define "proper level" :p

Here's what i've done so far:

• Removed random chance of bullets doing no harm to enemies, if you hit him, he'll take damage now.
  • All guns are significantly more accurate now, most of them will land that headshot if you aimed at his head (within reasonable ranges, and naturally, some are more accurate than others).
  • All projectiles travel a lot faster, as it where i felt like i was playing Airsoft having to lead targets by so much even at pistol ranges, now leading is something you do when there's some range involved.
  • Removed odd inaccuracy scaling, guns now fire the same if you aim them or not (there where some strange accuracy penalties in place that seemed rather excessive, and made shotguns neigh useless from the hip).
  • Damage boosted for allmost all guns, they are not one-hit killers (lest you hit them in the noggin), but enemies are going down with just a good ~5 round burst now (torso), as opposed to needing whole magazines, and whilst before i felt i needed to carry atleast 600 rounds with me so as not to run dry on missions, i now feel i only need to pack 250 rounds and it'll be plenty, and i nolonger bother to do tactical reloads unless there's 10 or less rounds left in the mag.
  • Gun damage is determined by the caliber, and leanght of barrel, not by how rare the gun is or how cool it looks.
  • Fixed some strange gun propperties, some guns, though they where the same make and model, just with a different skin to choose from, had very different propperties, now they are the same.
  • All guns degrade much slower, and some, like AK's, very slow indeed, they nolonger break after just a couple of missions.

There's still some work to do, the shotguns for instance still suck so i need to look at them some more, but it's coming along quite nicely.

I also need to make some optional changes to the mutants, some may like them as is, but others, like me, would definately like them to die a little easier, so i want to provide that option.

Lastly, i'm also planning on looking at the suppressors, they just don't work very well, for a mod called "Lurk", you'd think they would be more effective, so i'll try to make enemies hear silent guns less.

Upvote 0
I've been hard at work, and now have something that seems stable and good to go, though some things may still need a slight adjustment, but the best way to get anything done is to have some help beta-testing the thing and getting some feedback, so here it is, L.U.R.K.-Gunmod RC1:
http://www.filefront.com/14680861/L.U.R.K-Gunmod-RC1.rar[url]http://www.filefront.com/14680861/L.U.R.K-Gunmod-RC1.rar[/URL]

And here's the change-list i scribbled down in the Readme.txt so you can get some idea what it's all about:

* All guns are more accurate.
* All guns do more damage.
* Projectiles travel much faster.
* Random chance of shots doing no damage has been removed.
* Gunfire won't knock back enemies on death, they will just fall over now.
* Damage and accuracy is based on caliber and leangth of barrel, not how expensive the gun is.
* All guns degrade much slower, some are more robust than others, but none of them break as easilly.
* Accuracy is not tied to movement anymore (this fixes shoguns having very strange spread patterns).
* Silencers are more effective now, and don't penalise damage done by quite as much as before.
* Optional: Mutant health can be reduced by installing contense of "Optional-Mutant" folder.
This mod should work with any savegames you have, there should be no reason to start a new game, though some changes may not take affect fully untill you travel to a new map.

And please, if you're playing it, leave me some feedback, if something is too

Upvote 0
I've allways wondered why some corpses stay whilst others don't, but sadly, i have found no answer to that question, i don't see it anywhere in the code, so fixing it seems impossible for now :(

Gutted - I was pretty sure these perma-corpses were those of ppl linked to scripted events, like for example the skirmish when you 1st enter garbage, and the duty/freedom ambush at the start of army warehouses. But i may be wrong...

Even removing the regenration of object's in a corpse's inventry would be helpful - ammo, weapons and occasionally artifacts appearing looks great on the face of it, but knowing they might be there ment i spent more time runnig around checking corpses and stashing items i couldnt carry than anything else - and the game became too easy cos i never had to buy anything at all.

Upvote 0
Gutted - I was pretty sure these perma-corpses were those of ppl linked to scripted events, like for example the skirmish when you 1st enter garbage, and the duty/freedom ambush at the start of army warehouses. But i may be wrong...

There could be something burried in a script file, or in many script files somewhere, but finding it, and even knowing what to look for.. well, i haven't come across it.
You can ask around the Stalker mod scene though, if you can find me the answer, i'll code it.

Even removing the regenration of object's in a corpse's inventry would be helpful - ammo, weapons and occasionally artifacts appearing looks great on the face of it, but knowing they might be there ment i spent more time runnig around checking corpses and stashing items i couldnt carry than anything else - and the game became too easy cos i never had to buy anything at all.

Maybe you should have a look at L.U.R.K. then, in the vanilla game, it was too easy to get rich, things didn't cost enough, and you rarely had to buy anything anyway, if you knew where to look you could find all the armour and junk you needed for free.

But L.U.R.K. changes that, you wont find all thouse usefull things anymore, for instance, all armour you find lying around is replaced by useless leather jackets, you are forced to earn lots of cash so you can buy them.
I also tend to carry tons of stuff and get very rich in this game, but now i have a reason to do it, and it pays off.

Upvote 0
I've just registered to respond to 'Grobut'. I thank you for your efforts towards making L.U.R.K. more accessible to weapons enthusiasts. I'm going to try it out, however the modification you've made it's functional with the upcoming 1.1 update. I've restructured the configurations folder, as depicted by this image:

However, I'm going to toy around with the ballistics in an older version, and see if I like them, of course noting the goal of your changes. If I like it, then I'll rewrite the compatibility for the new version of L.U.R.K., and include it as an optional for the Installation.

Upvote 0
You have definately cleaned it up a whole lot there, there where quite a few redundant files before (basically all the Arsenal optional skin versions of the same guns, but you know all this).

But i hope you'll give me some feedback on the gunmod, people around here haven't been very good at giving me any as you can see, so i'm a bit stuck trying to make the gunmod better right now :(

Upvote 0
Think I might have played this mod...

I recently replayed STALKER with a nice mod. There were around 20 or so AKM colors. Tons of new weapons to (FNC and M16A1 FTW). Most were redone with proper models.

1-3 shots could kill an enemy. Enemies had grenades, you could make artifacts, blow outs, ect.

Is this the same mod?

Upvote 0