• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

I had tons of money in STALKER, and yes I did patch the game (to 1.3 or 1.4 I believe). It was very easy to earn a lot of money. I wasn't too satisfied with the ending I got, tbh. How the heck are you going to get the other endings if earning money is so damn easy?

You didn't even finish the game if you only went to the wish granter and said "I wants monies lols"

Upvote 0
Right playing though again with 1.005
What i wanna try this time that i never got to work last was buying passage though the rail bridge tunnel- but I find it really hard.

I heard you had to approach the commander and pay him off- but when i go near someone shoots me and they all become enemy - im pretty sure even if the soldiers dont see me the commander shoots anyway despite me being unarmed.
Idiots are turning down easy money.

It is possible isn't it- im not missing something? I presume if you do bribe yourway though you only have to do it once- if they want money every pass they can stick it.

Upvote 0
Ok got my passage. Have to make sure they are fully calm before approaching.
but they still charge for return trip - cheeky bastards. I think ill shoot my way though when i'm armed up enough.

With the patch the pistols seem more accurate and effective - might be mistaken.

Hehe, there's a much easier way around that bridge, but since i dont know if you want to find it yourself, i'll type it below in stealth colour and mini size:

When you get to the bridge from the newbie Stalker camp, go to the right just out of sight of the soldiers, then just follow the railroad fence untill you find a big gap in it, you can cross scott free there.

Upvote 0
Hehe, there's a much easier way around that bridge, but since i dont know if you want to find it yourself, i'll type it below in stealth colour and mini size:

When you get to the bridge from the newbie Stalker camp, go to the right just out of sight of the soldiers, then just follow the railroad fence untill you find a big gap in it, you can cross scott free there.
The funny thing is, when I got there, I never even knew that you could pay them off as a way to get through. I only ever knew about this second way.

Upvote 0
Oh thanks guys but sorry- yeah i'd found the gap in the fence on my previous playthough. I used to go north though the tunnel slowly following the lightning and then pass south though that broken fence near radiation.

I just fancied buying my way though this round- it would just b quicker when i'm doing Sid runs - plus they have a stash and you can loot bodies of stalkers they fight without them turning on you too.
I thought the 500 was a one-off payment but it as they charge each trip i'll stick to my old routine, and occasionally shot them if im in the mood- i think they get replaced in a couple of game days though.

When you have to kill the salesman round that fire early on you are not sure which stalker he is. But even if you are lucky and get him the other 2 become your enemy anyway and you usually kill them too. I noticed this didn't seem to affect my standing with any other loners in my game - are you free to kill non plot related loners without any concequences to your standing with others?
Sometimes when they are wounded after a battle it's tempting to put them out thier misery and get their stuff rather than revive them.

I'm glad i've patched - the pistols really do seem more effective but i think that could be cos the game is running better now.
I run full dynamic/sunshadows/maxqualityshadows with rest about halfway @1280 - not bad for an athlon 3200xp

Upvote 0
I decided that, as I've got nothing interesting to do at the moment, I'd buy stalker seeing as it sounds fun on this thread. I bought it on steam so I'm assuming it's patched to 1.005 but I'm not completely sure. I've done **** all so far. Did the initial bandits mission and was on my way to the rookie camp when I stumbled across some weird things roaming around with dogs.... what the **** are they? Unforunately it then crashed and I went to bed. About to start it up again though :)

Upvote 0
Yeah quicksave button is your friend in stalker. Also, don't run into packs of dogs because they will eat you or you'll just waste assloads of ammo on them.

I wish the game was more about walking around and exploring and less about killing hordes of retarded things tbh. Are there any mods for that out there?

Upvote 0
Yeah quicksave button is your friend in stalker. Also, don't run into packs of dogs because they will eat you or you'll just waste assloads of ammo on them.

I wish the game was more about walking around and exploring and less about killing hordes of retarded things tbh. Are there any mods for that out there?

It's hard to tell if i've actually successfully patched to 1.005 - it runs a bit better but theres still shedloads of generated bandits ( i thought patches reduced NCP respawn a bit) which means more fights and more scavenging. I'm now minted again with loads of kit just like in ver 1.0.
At least the patch seems to have stopped dead bodies generating items to collect, which always tempted me to re-search corpses.
I do think there are a few to many - they sidetrack someone like me who collects and trades everything, i then return to find loadsa new enemies and go though it all again. I haven't even left cordon yet.
I'm sure there are mods to adjust this but i'm gonna finish stock first.

Still absolutely loving it, however.

Upvote 0
I can't moan about the AI at all really- theres just too many of them as said. Even patched I have far too much money and items as I feel i would rather be struggling to get by. I noticed scavenged corpses still generate items- mostly bandages and often with nades and medpacks - if you revisit an area.

This is no good - next playthough i hope to find a mod that greatly reduces the number of bandit respawns, and removes the corpse item generation.
Even better would be if the dead bodies disappeared when you left an area, as if animals/scavengers took them.
Any items you wanted you would have to take there and then- if you can't carry them use the stashes or take your pick.
Would reduce level loading times as well, presumibly.

Upvote 0