• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SS need some way to handle FP. Buff it or something.

With Hell on Earth being the hardest game mode i dont think that 1 class is going to be able to kill a fleshpound being the strongest monster in the game with the exception of the boss without the use of using a lot of money. For example for a demo to solo a fleshpound without it being able to hit them (On HoE fleshpounds can 1 hit you) you would need atleast $250 to do it with pipes/grenades/rockets

Teamwork should be required to kill Fleshpounds on Hell on Earth so i think that the SharpShooter isnt Underpowered and does not need buffing what so ever.

$250 is a significant amount of money on Hell on Earth especially when your using all of it on 1 zombie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
With Hell on Earth being the hardest game mode i dont think that 1 class is going to be able to kill a fleshpound being the strongest monster in the game with the exception of the boss without the use of using a lot of money. For example for a demo to solo a fleshpound without it being able to hit them (On HoE fleshpounds can 1 hit you) you would need atleast $250 to do it with pipes/grenades/rockets

Teamwork should be required to kill Fleshpounds on Hell on Earth so i think that the SharpShooter isnt Underpowered and does not need buffing what so ever.

$250 is a significant amount of money on Hell on Earth especially when your using all of it on 1 zombie.

The thing that most people fail to realize is that money is not really an issue on HoE like they think it is. Take time and count the number of pipe bombs in the next 2 screen shots I'm gonna post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and

(Excuse my low detail screen shots, I can't play KF on anything above lowest settings)

This was one game as a demo today on HoE with 6 players on Foundry. Those 2 pictures have upwards of 35 pipe bombs SHOWING. There were some that were double stacked by accident, so that probably makes the number between 40 and 45 pipes. I should note that I have a good enough team that I used M32/Pipe Bombs/ Lever Action as my load out.

That's what, $195 per pipe times 40 pipes. You do the math (In case you don't want to, 195X40= 7800), and the team wasn't strapped for weapons either. As you can see in the first screen shot, there are backup Xbows and medic guns there for when needed.

One Demo can turn a FP from full health to mush in ~ 2.5 seconds. One support can do the same thing in maybe 3 - 5 seconds. An M14 sharpie can do the same thing in around 2 - 4 seconds. Please tell me how any perk needs to get stronger and Hell on Earth doesn't have enough money floating around?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The thing that most people fail to realize is that money is not really an issue on HoE like they think it is. Take time and count the number of pipe bombs in the next 2 screen shots I'm gonna post.

and

(Excuse my low detail screen shots, I can't play KF on anything above lowest settings)

This was one game as a demo today on HoE with 6 players on Foundry. Those 2 pictures have upwards of 35 pipe bombs SHOWING. There were some that were double stacked by accident, so that probably makes the number between 40 and 45 pipes. I should note that I have a good enough team that I used M32/Pipe Bombs/ Lever Action as my load out.

That's what, $195 per pipe times 40 pipes. You do the math, and the team wasn't strapped for weapons either. As you can see in the first screen shot, there are backup Xbows and medic guns there for when needed.

One Demo can turn a FP from full health to mush in ~ 2.5 seconds. One support can do the same thing in maybe 3 - 5 seconds. An M14 sharpie can do the same thing in around 2 - 4 seconds. Please tell me how any perk needs to get stronger and Hell on Earth doesn't have enough money floating around?

Although the demolitions class cannot 1 shot Husks,Sirens,and scrakes (1 shot to the head + a few shots to the head with pistol or handcannon for scrakes) like the sharpshooter can without the use of the L.A.W Costing $30 per shot. Demolitions class costs a lot more money than the sharp shooter and the sharp shooter can pick up the crossbow shots after they have been fired. Flesh Pounds take half damage from ALL damage sources but double damage from EXPLOSIVE damage. One of the main purposes for the demolitions class was to kill fleshpounds.

Upvote 0
Although the demolitions class cannot 1 shot Husks,Sirens,and scrakes (1 shot to the head + a few shots to the head with pistol or handcannon for scrakes) like the sharpshooter can without the use of the L.A.W Costing $30 per shot. Demolitions class costs a lot more money than the sharp shooter and the sharp shooter can pick up the crossbow shots after they have been fired. Flesh Pounds take half damage from ALL damage sources but double damage from EXPLOSIVE damage. One of the main purposes for the demolitions class was to kill fleshpounds.

The scrake is 1 bolt and FIVE handcannon shots to decap on 6 man HoE. Also, you said that husks and sirens can be 1 shotted by an xbow, unless you retrieve that shot, that's $40 down the drain. Even off perk, the LAR can 2 shot husks/sirens. Even off perk, 2 LAR shots = $4. You tell me which way is cheaper. You say that demo is cheaper, yes it is, but that's what the team is there for, to help you out and make money less of an issue.

Upvote 0
you said that husks and sirens can be 1 shotted by an xbow, unless you retrieve that shot, that's $40 down the drain.

For sharpers 1 shot from the crossbow is $12 not 20

on HoE killing a husk grants you $11 making you only lose $1 at the cost of killing the only long range zombie.

on HoE killing a Siren grants you $12 granting you $4

Upvote 0
The scrake is 1 bolt and FIVE handcannon shots to decap on 6 man HoE.

To kill.

For sharpers 1 shot from the crossbow is $12 not 20

on HoE killing a husk grants you $11 making you only lose $1 at the cost of killing the only long range zombie.

on HoE killing a Siren grants you $12 granting you $4

Money should never be a problem for any SS, since the round bonus for each round will more than cover your ammo + full armour + pocketchange.

i think that the SharpShooter isnt Underpowered and does not need buffing what so ever.

If anything, nerf the M14 and Handcannon. M14 will rip through anything with a head, and the handcannon will take everything up to a scrake with ease; then kill that scrake with flinching.

Upvote 0
Actually if there was one change I'd like to see for Sharpshooter, it'd be to make the recoil reduction bonus only apply while using ironsights. It makes sense in terms of story and gameplay alike: If you want your character to hold his gun steady, get him to actually do that; and if you still want to obliterate an FP with the M14, cop the penalties to speed and peripheral vision or get used to handling that recoil. It wouldn't be a major change for camping strategies but it would at least discourage spamming and increase the skill requirement.

Upvote 0
If anything, nerf the M14 and Handcannon. M14 will rip through anything with a head, and the handcannon will take everything up to a scrake with ease; then kill that scrake with flinching.

Actually i dont find the handcannon over powered at all.

You can 1 shot anything on 6 man HoE with 1 9mm bullet to the head (at level 6) besides Husk,Siren,Scrake and Fleshpound (and of course patriarch)
The 9mm pistol has 7 more bullets per clip,around 140 more bullets and a flashlight. I only use the Handcannon against Husks,Sirens and sometimes against scrakes

Upvote 0
Actually i dont find the handcannon over powered at all.

You can 1 shot anything on 6 man HoE with 1 9mm bullet to the head (at level 6) besides Husk,Siren,Scrake and Fleshpound (and of course patriarch)
The 9mm pistol has 7 more bullets per clip,around 140 more bullets and a flashlight. I only use the Handcannon against Husks,Sirens and sometimes against scrakes

The M9 decaps on HoE, it doesn't kill. That's quite a difference. To kill, you need to shoot a clot twice with it, so suddenly you're down to 8 kills per mag, the last of which won't be instant (oh look the HC has 8 shots too). Let's not even talk about bloats and gfasts, which the HC kills and the M9 doesn't.

Although I will say that the M9 is still extremely useful. Like, if you're killing a bunch of stuff that's far away and you don't need it to drop right away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The M9 is primarily an ammo saving weapon. Which is indeed useful, as all of the sharpshooter's weapons come with limited ammo, but the handcannon is indeed better for several reasons, including instant kill vs. decap, a slightly faster reload, and my personal favorite, penetration. It's not at all uncommon for me to get 2 kills with a single shot (3 can happen too, but that's much rarer). For quickly taking down a large group of enemies at close range, the handcannon is the sharpshooter's best choice imo.

Upvote 0
About 2 SS loadouts: Yeah, you can get 2 SSs and sniper FP with coop bolts. So your idea is that xbow SS must come in pairs to work well, isn't it?! Fine, but since it comes to 2 players...2 demo or support can do this thing better... Your idea fails.
(I don't know the exact data but I think 2 LAWs could either seriously injure the FP or totally eliminate it.)

But two sharpshooters together can deal with FPs AND scrakes :D

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Actually if there was one change I'd like to see for Sharpshooter, it'd be to make the recoil reduction bonus only apply while using ironsights. It makes sense in terms of story and gameplay alike: If you want your character to hold his gun steady, get him to actually do that; and if you still want to obliterate an FP with the M14, cop the penalties to speed and peripheral vision or get used to handling that recoil. It wouldn't be a major change for camping strategies but it would at least discourage spamming and increase the skill requirement.

Not a bad idea actually, although I imagine a lot of people would complain if it were implemented.

Upvote 0

Could be nice, but I think there's already a system in place to discourage spamming. You do terrible damage with the M14 if you hit anywhere else other than the body. 3 shots to kill a crawler with body shots is pretty awful.

I also think the skill requirement for a person to kill a fleshpound with the M14 is already fairly high. How many people do you actually see in a public server that can actually do that sort of thing? Practically zero. All the people you know that can kill a fleshpound with the m14 consistently are people that have played countless hundreds of hours, and they're probably already on your friend's list. How many sharpshooters do you see in a public server that know about the problem with the scrake's hitbox and can kill them as fast as the best of us? Again, practically zero. High level sharpshooter play is fairly powerful, but, I think as said in many other arguments, we should be balancing the game for the average player, not for the greatest of the greatest.

I personally wouldn't be negatively affected by this change as I personally scope in for every shot unless it's an FP anyway. And I also do use the M14 offperk sometimes so I understand the high recoil already. I just don't see it as a necessary change to a perk that is already hard to get used to for the average player.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
But two sharpshooters together can deal with FPs AND scrakes :D

Talk like two demo or supprot cannot.... mind you, they only need to aim for body.

Also, when fleshpound appears, teamwork ALREADY needd. If nobody give a **** on trash blocking the fleshpound or that random stlker pop up in the demo's face, they fail.

Or when a supprot trying to kill a scrake and nobody killing those crawlers, he's dead because you need dead on head shot on a scrake to kill it.

Upvote 0