• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SS need some way to handle FP. Buff it or something.

If armed with M14 + LAR, SS can take down any bigs at any day. No question. If the team can handle any other zeds well enough, taking SS is better simply because scrakes, is the real threat nowadays.

People just jump around when chased by scrakes which only makes eveyone to miss their because that scrake is also running around like crazy. So that's why someone able to stun him is asked for by many teams.

And about support and demo, they are the two "carry perks" in my mind. They can do enought dmage to bigs, while still able to clean up trash zeds. Yeah, nerfing them will only make most of pub game impossible.

And you know what, those pro players ALREADY have what they want, "challenge", from their own mutators. Making pub game impossible will only result in more people giving up on KF.

Yeah, we ARE talking about a team of 6. However, if the zeds keep coming, and all 6 of you just keep shooting, WHERE is the team work? Oh, we shoot the same target at the same time!!! We are palying as a team!!! Really? Seriously? Covering each other's *** is what team work means. Seriously not shooting the same target.

Reactions: Spicy and SMIFF
Upvote 0
Yeah, we ARE talking about a team of 6. However, if the zeds keep coming, and all 6 of you just keep shooting, WHERE is the team work? Oh, we shoot the same target at the same time!!! We are palying as a team!!! Really? Seriously? Covering each other's *** is what team work means. Seriously not shooting the same target.

That's why many players think Commando is useless perk. No need in Commando, because every support shoots the single crawler. No need to save ammo, because you can sell as many xbows as you want, stockpiling as many aa12 guns as you want.

#1 Fix xbow price issue (

Upvote 0
That's exactly not what I said.

When a Flesh Pound appears before a team of six players, your choices aren't limited to 1/6 shooting it or 6/6 shooting it. Believe it or not, there are numbers in between. Try two or three.

Upvote 0
The point is, if you NEED 3 heavy hitters to take down bigs, yeah, pub servers is impossible. We are not talking about maps liek biolab or biohazzard. Simply take a map like westlonden or manor. You have two way to denfend. If anytime those bigs show up, you required all 3 people defending the same side to attack ONE SINGLE target, they are screwed.
Err, no. If you have two Crossbow-wielding Sharpshooters, they probably won't even have to move. They can just turn around for a few seconds, and it's done. If that's enough to make your formation collapse, you're doing it wrong.

I see nothing wrong when some perk can do better to bigs and some perks are better to trash. But just buff those weak perks against trash. Add REAL penetration to flammer and commando, that's what they need. Then, we are good to go.
So basically you just want to make the game easier.

Reactions: SMIFF and Spicy
Upvote 0
That's exactly not what I said.

When a Flesh Pound appears before a team of six players, your choices aren't limited to 1/6 shooting it or 6/6 shooting it. Believe it or not, there are numbers in between. Try two or three.

And maybe one of those not shooting the bigguns is shooting the mobs coming while the others are shooting the FP/Scrake?

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Support and demo are in the same group and left SS out. Is that the so-called freckin teamplay?

Hold up.

That's the teamplay RIGHT THERE. When working as a team, you're supposed to rely on another member to help you out when there's something you can't accomplish. If you are able to function as the god of all perks when alone which seeing through smoke would add to, where's the teamplay in that? And unlike the SS, the supports, demos, and commandos (who can see through smoke in a way) can't take down FPs whilst spending the least amount of cash, which doesn't put them too high up, either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
heheh, uhm, alright, things that can Solo fleshpouds include: Sharpshooter, demo, berserker, medic(if they know what they are doing), and support if he uses a few grenades. Sharpshooter is the first on the list for a reason, the main thing being that with this perk you have to AIM. demo because of pipes. Zerk is interesting, i think it belongs there because while it is a common practice to solo them, risk can be rather exponential depending on the number of different possible threats that are not the flespound. And support with AA12 and hunter shotgun, give or take a few grenades.
Also, anyone got the time/shots it takes for LAR Vs. fleshpound?

Upvote 0
If you want to shoot the hell out of everything just play Left4Dead 2. The latest updates make it enjoyable. If you want tactical shooting play killingfloor. You can alieviate alot of frustration by not trying to change the STOCK game into something its not. Also try some mods to get a good feel of what additinal power would be like. EX: Marco's server perks 4.38. Take a level 10 Sharp Shooter for test game see how it feels. Experiment and find the right fit for YOUR enjoyment.

Upvote 0
AFAIK, that's waaaay more efficient than what a support spec can do, ammo stock and dosh-wise. The SS is powerful enough as it is when it comes to FPs. They can't rape them like they used to, but they're still your go-to guys.

If equipped with lar/M14 then just switch to M14 and keep knocking the FP's head. That is a more reliable way to nail FP. The lar needs to pull its lever to fire again, and 7 shots-- that's slow(and the first shot rages it ofc). Using M14 is the easier and more reliable way.

Note: I am talking about xbow handling FP. That's kinda difficult...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wao.... people actually thinking getting 7 HS with LAR on a target is easier than 10 shot from a semi-auto M14 OR 2 nade + two body shot from hunting shotgun...

And as supprot you are not only dealing with that FP, mind you. You also killing most of the trash around, and behind the FP. And LAR isconsidered as the "more effective way". I jsut dont get the logic of many people here.

Also, about the two SS thing. WHY, in the first place, you want TWO out of 6 people in your team, playing as xbow ss which is not as good as any other perk for 90% of the zeds? And why people keep throwing out that 2 ss idea? We have 7 perks. Having two of the same perk in a team most of the time already mean something is really wrong. And we keep seeing 2 or more supprot/demo/ss/medic/zerker in most of the games. What should be done (if possible) is making most of the game having no mirror perks. That's what we called balanced. When many people using the "OP" perks and still 80% of the game is losing, I would say its because some perks are UP, not those perks are OP.

Oh, and I just reamamber that when I pointed out a few months ago, "if you consider support is OP, demo clearly is more OP". And most people just said rofl, demo is balanced. And now? Just as I predicted, demo is Op now. And SS is OP now.

You want challenge? You always have mutators. That's what they are for, adjusting the game so that you can enjoy it YOUR way. You have to admit that most of the people who post in this forum is the best 10% or so players. I see no point to drag 90% of the palyers into the "hardcore" style of play.

FB and mando simply cannot achieve what they are supposed to effectively. If you dont want demo or support taking the role, you can only buff FB and mando. As long as demo and support is AoE, they ARE better.

OR, buff FPs, dont give explosives do bonus dmg to them. Demo already hitting hard anyway. And buff bloats, give them more body health. And spawn MORE bloats each wave. And make shotguns cannot penetrate bloats or somthing. Oh yeah, and fix hitboxes.

Upvote 0
You have to admit that most of the people who post in this forum is the best 10% or so players. I see no point to drag 90% of the palyers into the "hardcore" style of play.

This is why the lower difficulty settings are there. :)

Pretty much everyone here is talking about suicidal/HoE, correct? It's SUPPOSED to be hard as nails, SS or not. If it's too hard for you, go on the suitable difficulty setting for you instead of dragging the hardcore players down to the "casual" style of play. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Entangler
Upvote 0
Oh, and I just reamamber that when I pointed out a few months ago, "if you consider support is OP, demo clearly is more OP". And most people just said rofl, demo is balanced. And now? Just as I predicted, demo is Op now. And SS is OP now

Wait...what? Not trying to sound like an ***, but you're going to have to go into more detail about this for me.

Upvote 0
Wao.... people actually thinking getting 7 HS with LAR on a target is easier than 10 shot from a semi-auto M14 OR 2 nade + two body shot from hunting shotgun...

And as supprot you are not only dealing with that FP, mind you. You also killing most of the trash around, and behind the FP. And LAR isconsidered as the "more effective way". I jsut dont get the logic of many people here.

Also, about the two SS thing. WHY, in the first place, you want TWO out of 6 people in your team, playing as xbow ss which is not as good as any other perk for 90% of the zeds? And why people keep throwing out that 2 ss idea? We have 7 perks. Having two of the same perk in a team most of the time already mean something is really wrong. And we keep seeing 2 or more supprot/demo/ss/medic/zerker in most of the games. What should be done (if possible) is making most of the game having no mirror perks. That's what we called balanced. When many people using the "OP" perks and still 80% of the game is losing, I would say its because some perks are UP, not those perks are OP.

Oh, and I just reamamber that when I pointed out a few months ago, "if you consider support is OP, demo clearly is more OP". And most people just said rofl, demo is balanced. And now? Just as I predicted, demo is Op now. And SS is OP now.

You want challenge? You always have mutators. That's what they are for, adjusting the game so that you can enjoy it YOUR way. You have to admit that most of the people who post in this forum is the best 10% or so players. I see no point to drag 90% of the palyers into the "hardcore" style of play.

FB and mando simply cannot achieve what they are supposed to effectively. If you dont want demo or support taking the role, you can only buff FB and mando. As long as demo and support is AoE, they ARE better.

OR, buff FPs, dont give explosives do bonus dmg to them. Demo already hitting hard anyway. And buff bloats, give them more body health. And spawn MORE bloats each wave. And make shotguns cannot penetrate bloats or somthing. Oh yeah, and fix hitboxes.

Extremely nice idea. That's something I have never thought of.
I NEVER say the demo or the support OP. The Demo ain't no OP. Neither do support. They both have defects in continuity (they don't have sufficient ammo to nail down EVERY zed). That's the perk's characters.

PS: Demo is also restricted in narrow maps. The smoke,easy self-damage and blunt shot. Support is defected in range as well. That's just perk characters.

Vice versa, Commando, is terrible in taking out big zeds. That's the defect of this class. But it owns the highest continuity(750 rds) and range elasticity (0~30+, the only thing that can be further than this is the xbow).

SS (or at least xbow SS) is UP rather than OP. Reason mentioned above.

About 2 SS loadouts: Yeah, you can get 2 SSs and sniper FP with coop bolts. So your idea is that xbow SS must come in pairs to work well, isn't it?! Fine, but since it comes to 2 players...2 demo or support can do this thing better... Your idea fails.
(I don't know the exact data but I think 2 LAWs could either seriously injure the FP or totally eliminate it.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fine, but since it comes to 2 players...2 demo or support can do this thing better... Your idea fails.

No. You're blatantly ignoring the other uses of the two sharpshooters. If the wave consisted solely of those 2 FPs you'd have a case, but since there are other zeds (and the sharps handle them better), the claim he made is quite reasonable.

(I don't know the exact data but I think 2 LAWs could either seriously injure the FP or totally eliminate it.)

What is it with these forums :eek: It's like people just literally have their definitions of 'knowledge' and 'confidence' swapped

Reactions: Entangler and Spicy
Upvote 0
About 2 SS loadouts: Yeah, you can get 2 SSs and sniper FP with coop bolts. So your idea is that xbow SS must come in pairs to work well,isn't it?! Fine, but since it comes to 2 players...2 demo or support can do this thing better... Your idea fails.
Depends on the map. Indeed 1 demo > 1 xbow and 1 support > 1 xbow depending on what you want them to do, but having two xbows in the team provides some kind of comfort that no other combination of perk can offer when you have a long corridor and key targets shielded by tons of other specimen. Also, siren screams won't cancel your grenades or mess your aim if they are coming from far away with a fleshpound.

In short, if you have 2 good xbow stockpiling SS in a fairly long corridor, everyone else can switch commando/medic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0