• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SS and other Nazi names everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

theta123

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
I have quite noticed many players with Nazi and SS enchancted names. Aswel as servers with these kinds of names. Like Arische kaempfer...a name wich says alot..

I have always been a person wich seperated wehrmacht from SS. Germans from nazi's. I always seperate politics from the common people. The same way i will never call russians "soviets" or "Communists" because thats like calling them in the same fashion of calling germans "nazi"s

But seeing this alot, and alot lately, has made me worrying.

I joined a server a week ago, cant exactly remeber the name, b.o or something i cant find it in the server list aswel, and you saw a bunch of people of the same clan saying Holocaust references as gassen die joden! Kill the families of the russian swines because of they raped germany! A few russians in the server...ofcourse dint took this lightly and well, you can guess it=A huge flamewar errupted

Issent there like a policy to prevent the usage of these kind of names? THIS IS JUST A QUESTION FROM MY END NOT LIKE A THREATHENING IN FORM OF A LAWSUIT. I just think this aint good for the image of Ro2.. If people want to have names like Rommelerwin or Sturmtruppenknockwurst Sure no worries.

But seeing the names pop up like SSDrMengele or Joachim pfeiper...

This also go to the forums where people show up with SS[insert name here]

So any explanation or something? this is again not like a treatment or a huge complaint from my end. Just a bit..Of a worry

it's just a bunch of (for the most part) 15 year olds who think they're neo-nazi's because they saw american history x & romper stomper

nothing to worry about

i laff at their ignorance... e-schutzstaffel, lmao... internet gestapo loool

Hans Landa laughing - YouTube

hopefully they'll grow out of that dumb **** soon. some people are probably in online battle reenactments or some ****, ya never know. but the kids in the clan spewing all the holocaust references are just 13-15 year old kids who would be an embarrassment to their idols (zee reeel nazi's). just tell them to join their fuhrer and kill themselves as well. :) should take care of the problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=53143[/URL]

Take a look at this for Tripwire's stance on the issue.
They can hardly moderate other people's servers, so that's up to the admins of the respective servers. Recently, some guy was singing the SS anthem on a server I regularly play on and he was subsequently kicked - and not just because his singing was abysmal and spamming the public voicechat. :D
A game like RO2 will always attract people with "interesting" political views. I don't think it's that much of an issue, it pops up in many a WW2 game and can't be entirely prevented anyway - don't play on their servers or make them feel welcome on yours.

Upvote 0
You can't separate the Nazis from the Wehrmacht anyway. Recent (German) scholarship and museum exhibits has disclosed that they were almost as involved in atrocities, systematic and unsystematic, as the SS on the Eastern front. The red army weren't exactly saints either (just think of Poland, Ukraine, Estonia, and their behaviour in the conquered German lands).

It was a brutal and bloody war, and as long as the ingame glorifying of the various army units and such is just roleplay I see no problem with it, or partakting on it. It has no connection to my own personal political convictions, and I hold no special sympathy for either of the sides on the eastern front, and I loathe the ideologies of both the regimes that was involved, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy playing a game in that setting or that I can partake in the roleplaying connected with it. Of course some people do cross the line, but there are lamers in all games.

I do like servers with strict admin enforcement of bans on political discussions or racism or other such bullcrap.

Reactions: Golf33 and Jodl
Upvote 0
And I bet there are a lot of stalins, [NKVD]vasillys, {CCCP}bolshevik, and so on. So what? Who cares?

Barely, typically a reply from a person with a german name i shall say?

Please i have played many WW2 era games, you rarely find people with THOSE kind of names. It is Always people with german enchanted names because it simply is the most popular faction out there, including the Nazi's and waffen SS

If i go to any militaria fair, it is filled with 85% of german related militaria. And all of them are people who SOLELY collect german things.You RARELY find someone who collect something solely british, american, russian, italian

Why do you think the biggest reproduction market is of german related items? or people making forgery and fraud with german related items?

Last edited:
Reactions: LHeureux
Upvote 0
Although there are RP units that indeed replay German divisions, but there is indeed a great ammount of SS and Nazi (I mean nazi, not German) referencing from some users that pop in from time to time.

I have nothing against the RP, if it's done peacefully, but I am fully against the use of a game to represent Nazi and Fascist ideals.

And I must agree with theta123, there much, much more use of German names and RP'ing in games than Russian.

Upvote 0
Server admins can configure there PB in such a way that it will auto kick a person with an unwanted name. PB will first give the person a warning message to instruct him to change his name. If he ignores it, then after a configurable time PB will kick that person. Even so can admins configure RO2 to filter out certain words in text chat.
In other words, it's all up to the admins.

Reactions: Tak
Upvote 0
And I bet there are a lot of stalins, [NKVD]vasillys, {CCCP}bolshevik, and so on. So what? Who cares?
Lame argument!
Im not really sure if there is some communist officer who become known for shooting children in mid-air like clay pidgeons.

Its not really that much about ideology its about being a total asshole.

It is Always people with german enchanted names because it simply is the most popular faction out there, including the Nazi's and waffen SS
Its a fetish and some of these people are plain perverts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's more of a cult than a fetish.

These impressionable kids feel empowered when they wear their SS tags and such. They see the SS and Germans as some super powerful, super efficient war machine that will never be matched. Even though that has been shown to be a myth.

They are simply uneducated or too arrogant to care.

Not all are bad though. The realism guys are typically very well educated in the history and respectful. Heck I was even in an SS squad once. The 5th SS. I only did so because they were the main nordic composed division (my ancestry) that saw common action and are often considered the least worst (re:crimes) of the WSS.

Reactions: HLudwig and Tak
Upvote 0
Adolf "Grand Nazi" Hitler was the supreme commander of Wehrmacht and the only commander that Wehrmacht ever had. Wehrmacht was the war machine that built the Nazi Germany aka Third Reich. These are the facts.

Therefore, I will call Wehrmacht soldiers nazi soldiers, and I will not apologize for doing so.
I see no problem when nazi soldiers have nazi names. It's quite fitting actually.
Same goes for commies.

I really don't understand all the fuss. People are just too emotional when it somes to this subject.
I might a play a commie and shout "Za Stalina!", but I doesn't mean I'm a communist who loves Stalin.
It's just a game, no?

Upvote 0
Adolf "Grand Nazi" Hitler was the supreme commander of Wehrmacht and the only commander that Wehrmacht ever had. Wehrmacht was the war machine that built the Nazi Germany aka Third Reich. These are the facts.

Therefore, I will call Wehrmacht soldiers nazi soldiers, and I will not apologize for doing so.
I see no problem when nazi soldiers have nazi names. It's quite fitting actually.
Same goes for commies.

I really don't understand all the fuss. People are just too emotional when it somes to this subject.
I might a play a commie and shout "Za Stalina!", but I doesn't mean I'm a communist who loves Stalin.
It's just a game, no?

By your argument the leader represents the entire country's belief.:rolleyes:
I don't even need to use an example to undermine your point, that's how weak it is.

Upvote 0
Not all are bad though. The realism guys are typically very well educated in the history and respectful. Heck I was even in an SS squad once. The 5th SS. I only did so because they were the main nordic composed division (my ancestry) that saw common action and are often considered the least worst (re:crimes) of the WSS.
How much would americans like it if I call myself ******-slaughterer95 in a game?
Just to get a glimpse how appropriate I think that is.

EDIT: You see how PC you are about this? The censored word was a bad word for black people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.