• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] SquadCore: COD4 "Realism" Mod

ERK

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
Beta version of a mod I've received help putting together is now online for testing. Please feel free to post here with any comments or suggestions for future releases.

Test Server:
8.12.22.100:28960

Bans are updated daily from punksbusted.com and pbbans.com on the test server.

SquadCore Features:

- All Stock Hardcore Settings

- Slower Running Speeds

- No Hard Points
This means there are no UAV, Airstrikes, or Helicopters.

- Weapon Handling
There's no instant weapon switching.

- Iron Sights
No zoom effect when looking down the sights.

- No Perk Selections

- Forced Weapons
There are no weapon selections. Weapons are determined by what class you are and which team you are on. See below for a full list.

- Rate of Fire
Weapons have a more accurate rate of fire.

- Optimal Ranges
Optimal ranges have been changed for all weapons.

- Increased Weapon Sway

- Reduced Throwing Distance of Grenades

- Increased Fall Damage

- Weapon View Shifts when Shot

- Locational Damage Changes

- Anti Bunny-Hop and Dolphin-Dive
When jumping/diving, you are no longer able to fire.

- Spawn Protection

- No Hit Icons (Hit Blips)

- No Health Regeneration

Team Roles and Weapons:

Team Leader: (One Per Team)
Allies - M4, Beretta, 2 Flash Grenades
Axis - AK-47, Colt45, 2 Flash Grenades

Grenadier: (One Per Team)
Allies - M4, Grenade Launcher
Axis - AK-47, RPG

Automatic Rifleman: (One Per Team)
Allies - SAW, Beretta, 1 Frag Grenade
Axis - RPD, Colt45, 1 Frag Grenade

Rifleman: (Unlimited Per Team)
Allies - M4, 2 Frag Grenades
Axis - AK-47, 2 Frag Grenades

Designated Marksman: (One Per Team)
Allies - M21, Beretta, 1 Smoke Grenade
Axis - Dragunov, Colt45, 1 Smoke Grenade

Credits:
AWE4 Developers
BJustReal Developers
Zeroy for making certain features possible.
Daevius for compiling and extending existing features.

Sponsored By:
www.dos.ms

Last edited:
What do you plan to do about all the unused weapons like the G3, M16, USP, the shotguns and the SMGs?
Server admins have the ability to change any of the "forced" weapon scripts to whatever weapons they may see fit for their server if using this mod. If they don't define any weapons, then the defaults are what I listed above. I picked those loadouts based on real world military squads and the weapons they are using (more or less).

Axis and Allies? What?
I used "axis" and "allies" since that's how they are defined within the mod tools. You get the idea... bad guys and good guys as D3terioNation stated.

Are you gonna plan to do the same with COD: World at War ?
99.99% sure I will, since WaW is using the COD4 engine, so there shouldn't be much to change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...- Iron Sights
No zoom effect when looking down the sights.

- Reduced Throwing Distance of Grenades...

You know there is a realistic reason for having ironsight zoom. If I recall correctly, there was a huge discussion on these boards about it and even Dsylecxi went as far as to prove to yall that it was more realistic then not having it. It has to do with IRL FOV and in-game FOV. It's why alot of games without Ironsight zoom makes shooting at 100m targets feel like shooting at 600m targets.

And why reduce the grenade throwing distance? The average throwable distance of modern grenades is 30m's. So if anything, the CoD4 grenade distance should be increased.

Upvote 0
You know there is a realistic reason for having ironsight zoom. If I recall correctly, there was a huge discussion on these boards about it and even Dsylecxi went as far as to prove to yall that it was more realistic then not having it. It has to do with IRL FOV and in-game FOV. It's why alot of games without Ironsight zoom makes shooting at 100m targets feel like shooting at 600m targets.

Err it was never 'proven' and it was debated to hell and back!

It is not realistic!

Upvote 0

Daevius is working on allowing admins to control the zoom level based on what they feel is realistic.

0=No Zoom
1=Reduced Zoom
2=Full Zoom

Thank you for the feedback. It's all taken into consideration.

Upvote 0
Testing the second beta tomorrow night (Oct 1, 2008) at 9:30 (US Central). There are still a few bugs to squash, but any help testing the current version tomorrow night is welcome!

IP: 72.29.109.57:28960

The COD4 version of the mod is crucial to test since the mod will be ported over to COD5 ASAP. So, getting rid of bugs now will help make the transition much simpler.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Err it was never 'proven' and it was debated to hell and back!

It is not realistic!

Blatantly false. Since the monitor cannot fully engulf your view, zooming in makes up for the peripheral vision lost. If this mod was 'realistic' with NO zoom, it would be fish-eyed to accompany the roughly 180 degree arc of vision we have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Blatantly false. Since the monitor cannot fully engulf your view, zooming in makes up for the peripheral vision lost. If this mod was 'realistic' with NO zoom, it would be fish-eyed to accompany the roughly 180 degree arc of vision we have.

Tonight, we'll be testing the new "minimal" zoom. As stated before the mod will allow admins to use what "they" feel is realistic.

Upvote 0

No, you just have to buy two more monitors............

Zoom is made of fail. The new guys to RO better not make Ramm change his mind about zoom and ruin RO2. Don't help them. :p

Upvote 0