• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spring Update: Neon Nightmares Beta 1 Is Here!

To consider some changes:

• Survivalist should really be getting faster reload with Incendiary Rifle, right now it has access to elite reload of M16 but not of HRG.
  • Survivalist's Make Things Go Boom skill (and Demo's Fragmentation Rounds, but that's understandable) doesn't work with Incendiary M203; yet again it works fine with M16 variant.
  • Unlike M16 upgrades, upgrades of HRG variant do not increase its explosive damage.
  • Survivalist doesn't have secondary xp objective. Some of the ZED's evade and block settings are a bit out of date, although you just added new bow and hrg rifle into the list. As for incendiary m203 grenades (and regular m16 m203 grenades too), the ZEDs will not attempt to evade it because there have to be specified a projectile class of these not the damage type caused by them.
  • Some notes about new bow (up to you to decide if it's right or wrong, if you have time to read more details can be found here)
    • Charging the bow increases piercing damage of both types of projectiles but not of cryo arrow explosion.
    • Actually bow charges faster than nominal value of 0.6333s specified in code.
    • Marskman skill somehow affects its reload speed too (coded intentionally but looks odd).
    • Bow could use a bit faster arrow and / or lesser gravity scale, uncharged arrows drops down too fast.
  • Also, you didn't really mention it but in this update you actually nerfed Support's Penetrator skill (penetration power 40 -> 30). Which was already pretty weak imo, like #1 skill in game that needs radical changes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Several of these are legit bugs and most where in system. One was not and I have now pulled it in. For those that were intended, design thanks you for your feedback.

For the support penetration change:

"That is intended due to the possibility of a crash. It's not supposed to change much as the skill did not give unlimited penetration. It's always been coded to simply give their weapons a very high penetration value."

Upvote 0
Welp... That's one way to ruin the hype.

After seeing the previous "What Are We Up To" posts, I became truly enthusiastic about the update to come. Lots of great ideas, pretty impressive additions, and much-needed patches. But I can't help but to say... that's it?

I obviously keep in mind a few things: 1)KF2 is entering it's fifth year of content 2)The new team may need to get the hang of it 3)Money might be drawing shorter and shorter.

But still, to get increasingly more excited with each new post only to find that we would get nothing more was a bit surprising to say the least.

Excited to try the new update however. I'm sure the two new guns are great fun

Reactions: infntnub
Upvote 0
I was playing on some servers, but when we get to the map vote... There is a vote option for Desolation, but it's still a normal custom map. After voting for it, it just puts us into Biotics Lab. Not sure if it was just a server thing, if you guys were originally going to add Desolation as a map as well this update or accidentally added some coding for it. To add to that, I've noticed that Biolapse wasn't showcased in the menu cinematic shots. Most of it from Spillway, but the segment with the Compound Bow cinematic was taken at the Desolation map.

Reactions: Delta69er
Upvote 0
View attachment 2334874
I hope you are guys are addressing this issue also. Gibberish and invalid characters in Linux log files.
@Yoshiro
Cisco UCS C220 M3 Rack Server
The enterprise-class UCS C220 M3 server extends the capabilities of Cisco’s Unified Computing System portfolio in a 1U form factor with the addition of the Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 and E5-2600 series processor family CPUs that deliver significant performance and efficiency gains. In addition, the UCS C220 M3 server provides 16 DIMM slots, up to 8 drives and 2 x 1 GbE LAN-on-motherboard (LOM) ports delivering outstanding levels of density and performance in a compact 1U package.
64 MG RAM
Currently running Mint 19.2

Upvote 0
Any chance we get a hemoclobber skin of some sort along with the zedconomy additions noted in the summary?

- signed A Guy Who doesn't have a vosh skin yet (lol)

Zedconomy
(Not available for purchase during BETA)

• Compound Bow Weapon Bundle
  • Spectre HRG Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
  • Jaeger MK II Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
  • Added Bronze, Silver, and Gold Bundle Packs for :
    • Premium Cyberpunk Tickets
      • Golden Cyberpunk Tickets come with Silver and Gold Bundles
    • Horzine Supply Crate | Series Loco (Steam)
    • Horzine Supply Cosmetic Crate | Series #7 (Console)

Upvote 0