• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spring Update: Neon Nightmares Beta 1 Is Here!

PC Build #: 1091

March 2020 Beta 1 Changelog

To opt into this beta, join the "preview" branch available in the Beta drop down list. Admins will need to use the following SteamCMD flag:
  • app_update 232130 -beta preview

As this is a beta, this work is not necessarily representative of the final product. We will continue to refine, fix, and polish the update content for final release. Your feedback and issue reporting is invaluable towards helping our development in improving the overall experience with everything we make. We thank you for your feedback, time and support in participating in this beta!

Event
Neon Nightmares
  • Liven up the night and make it bright with the Neon Nightmares update! Take a trip down the multiple levels of Biolapse and take advantage of its layouts and traps to give those pesky Zeds a run for their own dosh. Want to impress your friends by throwing them the best Zed-killing soiree? Horzine has just the thing for you! Try the new HRG Incendiary Rifle. It’ll surely bring the heat! Party long and hard on the killing floor!
  • Beta 1 Start 3/2/2020, Beta 2 Start 3/12/2020 (Dates are subject to change)

New Additions and Highlights
  • 1 New Community Map
biolapse1.png

• Biolapse
      • Compatible with Survival and Weekly Game Modes.
      • Journey deep into the laboratory facility to cleanse out the rampant Zeds overrunning its intricate layers.
  • 2 New Weapons
    • HRG Incendiary Rifle for the Firebug
hrgincendiary.png

• An alteration of the M16 M203 Assault Rifle that fires incendiary rounds and grenades. The grenades leave behind a temporary patch of fire that damages and burns Zeds.
    • Trader price is 1200 Dosh.
  • Compound Bow for the Sharpshooter (Not available for purchase during BETA)
r1.png

• The Compound Bow is a versatile bow with two arrow types, sharp and cryo. Sharp arrows have high penetration and damage while cryo arrows create a small explosion that applies a high rate of freeze. The arrows can be charged to boost range and damage, and sharp arrows can be picked back up for reuse. The melee bash is also decked with a long blade to deal substantial damage for close encounters.
    • Trader price is 1750 Dosh.
  • Dosh Vault Additions (Not available during BETA)
    • Road Redeemer | Vault | Vosh | Precious
    • Static Strikers | Vault | Vosh | Precious
    • Stoner 63 | Vault | Vosh | Precious
    • Tommy Gun | Vault | Vosh | Precious
    • Zweihander | Vault | Vosh | Precious
  • New Steam Achievements
    • Biolapse and its collectibles
  • Time-limited Objectives, Tickets, and Cosmetics (Not available during BETA)
    • Seasonal objectives to earn the AA12 | Jaeger | Dynamic and AA12 | Jaeger | Dynamic RGB weapon skins
    • Cyberpunk Event Tickets
    • Cyber Rave Cosmetics
  • Zedconomy (Not available for purchase during BETA)
    • Compound Bow Weapon Bundle
    • Spectre HRG Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
    • Jaeger MK II Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
    • Added Bronze, Silver, and Gold Bundle Packs for :
      • Premium Cyberpunk Tickets
        • Golden Cyberpunk Tickets come with Silver and Gold Bundles
      • Horzine Supply Crate | Series Loco (Steam)
      • Horzine Supply Cosmetic Crate | Series #7 (Console)

Beta 1 for this update contains a lot of exciting new adjustments! As such, feedback is going to be incredibly important. Stay tuned for a link to a survey where you, the community, will be able to provide your feedback directly to us! Thank you!

General
  • Updated the Crossbow projectile HUD icon to the new arrow icon.

Addressed Community Feedback
As mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the ‘general’ section on our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2

Balance
  • Weapons
    • Dragonsbreath
      • Ground fire chance increased from 10% to 100% for all pellets.
      • Ground fire damage reduced from 10 to 8.
      • Ground fire duration reduced from 5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
      • Base damage increased from 26 to 35 per pellet.
      • Fire rate decreased by 11%.
      • Number of pellets reduced from 8 to 6.
      • Spare ammo capacity increased from 57 to 60.
      • Added additional upward force to Zed ragdolls on death to increase the impulse on their bodies.
    • Pulverizer
      • Light melee damage increased from 70 to 80.
      • Explosion radius increased by 78%.
      • Directional explosion angle adjusted to allow explosion cone to damage more Zeds in front of the player.
  • Perks
    • Berserker
      • Level 25 ZED TIME - Berserker Rage
        • Flee duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
        • Heal amount increased from 25% to 50% of total health.
        • Fear radius increased by 54%.
    • Survivalist
      • Level 25 ZED TIME - Lockdown
        • Stun, knockdown, and stumble rate modifier increased to max values.
    • Firebug
      • Level 15 Ground Fire
        • Now applies to Dragonsbreath, Spitfires, and Molotov.
    • Gunslinger
      • Level 15 Line ‘em Up
        • Penetration strength increased from 1 to 10. This means that Perk weapon bullets can pierce an additional 10 Cysts.

Designer Note :
The weapons and Perk skills have been adjusted to improve their gameplay experiences. The recent community survey has shown that most of these are underperforming to a lot of players.

The Dragonsbreath now leaves behind guaranteed small patches of fire with every burning pellet. These fire patches can be devastating when clumped closely together, and it provides an extra bonus for pellets piercing through Zeds by leaving patches of fire behind them. We did have to make adjustments to alleviate performance concerns so the systems did not lag with the amount of fire spread around, so the amount of pellets per shot, fire rate, and ground fire duration have been reduced. The damage of each pellet has been boosted to help offset the reduction with the number of pellets per shot.

The Pulverizer has received a boost to its light melee damage. Due to its high knockdown rates, this should improve the overall damage of striking body parts that may not be critical zones, such as the head. We also adjusted the angle of the explosion and extended it further outwards to encapsulate more Zeds within the explosion radius. Previously, the explosion could miss a few Zeds standing behind other Zeds, so it could be inconsistent at times.

The Berserker ZED TIME - Berserker Rage Perk skill is receiving improvements across the board. The health healed has been increased substantially to better safeguard Berserkers when Zed time activates. The fear duration and range have also increased to negate more Zeds near the player, further providing a temporary reprieve. We want it to be an effective, defensive counterpart to ZED TIME - Spartan, so we will monitor the Perk skill and see if any further adjustments are needed.

The Survivalist ZED TIME - Lockdown Perk skill now maxes the stun, knockdown, and stumble rates of all weapons. Previously, the modifier did not greatly benefit weapons with low rates. Now, each weapon with any stun, knockdown, and / or stumble capability should have their values maxed out during Zed time.

The Firebug Ground Fire Perk skill now applies to the Dragonsbreath, Spitfires, and Molotov. The reason for this is that the skill previously did not apply to all ground fires left by weapons, and this caused a lot of confusion between which ones applied the bonus and which ones did not. As such, we extended the Perk skill to apply to all ground fires. We will be monitoring the Perk skill to ensure its gameplay balance.

The Gunslinger Line ‘em Up now boosts penetration considerably to allow Perk weapons to penetrate a large number of Zeds to coincide better with its other aspect that keeps the damage consistent between each penetrated Zed.

As always, we’d like to hear the community's feedback on these changes. You can do so by completing the beta 1 community survey and visiting and posting in the ‘general’ section on the official Tripwire Interactive forums at :
https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2

Bug Fixes
Also mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.

Top Community Issues:
  • Fixed the collision of various doors on multiple maps to prevent destroyed doors from remaining in place.
  • Fixed the Trader upgrade bars for the HRG weapons to better reflect the increase to stats from upgrading.
  • Fixed an issue where players did not receive their Rising Storm 2 weapon skins when they purchased the Rising Storm 2 Digital Deluxe Edition.

Gameplay:
  • Fixed an issue where the Vlad-1000 Nailgun did not receive penetration Perk skill bonuses from the Support Perk.
  • Fixed an issue where the the Ground Fire Perk skill did not apply damage bonuses, visuals, and speed reductions to all instances of ground fire.
  • Fixed an issue where the Demolitionist High Impact Rounds Perk skill damage bonus did not apply to the light and heavy attacks of the Pulverizer.

Zeds:
  • Fixed an issue where interruptible attacks by the Matriarch could be stumbled by knives.

Maps:
  • Fixed an issue where the voice lines in the Steam Fortress Objective game mode did not use the correct trader voice.
  • Fixed the collision of the upper wall under the dome in Steam Fortress.
  • Fixed various meshes not rendering in Sanitarium.

Weapons:
  • Fixed the 1st and 3rd person position of the grenades fired from the HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle.
  • Fixed an issue with the Road Redeemer where the model popped into camera view during one of its 1st person melee animations.
  • Fixed an issue where the iron sights on the M16 M203 Assault Rifle did not align with the center of the screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the HRG Winterbite projectiles collided with the exterior collision of Zeds.

Cosmetics:
  • Fixed an issue where the Christmas Tree Backpack | Precious did not use the correct material.

User Interface
  • Fixed a number of text lines in the Russian language.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

After playing, please be sure to fill out the beta survey! http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/redirect/KF2Survey/

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Reactions: utek
Upvote 0
Such a basic update, but I honestly love it. Got to try the HRG Incendiary Rifle and Compound Bow and both are really fun to use. I really love the Menu Theme this update as well. The biggest issue I've come across so far is the Blender Blunder seasonal objective not tracking kills made with the trap properly. I killed numerous already and only 2 have counted. Not sure what the true cause is, but it definitely exists.*

*Been trying to get these on solo games.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Such a basic update, but I honestly love it. Got to try the HRG Incendiary Rifle and Compound Bow and both are really fun to use. I really love the Menu Theme this update as well. The biggest issue I've come across so far is the Blender Blunder seasonal objective not tracking kills made with the trap properly. I killed numerous already and only 2 have counted. Not sure what the true cause is, but it definitely exists.*

*Been trying to get these on solo games.
Only players push ZEDS in or let them walk in.No other way.You can try to stand on the edge and get ZEDS together, and then throw EMP and let them fall down slowly. :ROFLMAO:Using traps to push ZEDS in doesn't count.

Upvote 0
Only players push ZEDS in or let them walk in.No other way.You can try to stand on the edge and get ZEDS together, and then throw EMP and let them fall down slowly. :ROFLMAO:Using traps to push ZEDS in doesn't count.
Yeah, I figured that out just before I got off last night. So much for encouragement to try and use the new traps. haha....
Hopefully it'll get fixed for the other people. Not only that the trap itself doesn't always work either.

Reactions: PsykoFerret
Upvote 0
Out of my magic hat I would say it is related to some zed script error as you can see a pattern in this gibberish mess:
something something Fear.. something something
and this repeats until crash.

also I see every time before this some error related to
Log: Octree Warning (AddPrimitive)
I know that when it happened when I was playing myself on the server, I was spamming RPG or grenade launcher on zed groups.
Also it ALWAYS happens when people play on it, never when empty.
Here are some clues.. but I don't think having a random game or two to trigger the issue will work. Plenty of logs in the bug report thread I made.

Upvote 0
This update actually excites me a bit..

I don't play much sharpie or firebug, but I like the new additions to the arsenal.

Additional ranged ability to control trash with fire should be interesting [and possibly bad for players who just like to set EVERYTHING on fire lol]. I can see players just spamming the nades and flare guns causing complete chaos, but let's hope not :p

The bow and the different heads you can arm the arrows with should be fun to mess around with. I also wish the current bow could get some love - it still seems too weak compared to its KF1 counterpart. This has always made me a bit sad :s

Although I suppose it's still a useful trash clearer for the perk...

Upvote 0