• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Spoofing playernumbers on a gameserver?

Spoofing playernumbers on a gameserver?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
Big ol' hell no to false players.

If you want to populate your server, get your clan/group/community/whatever together and populate it. If you build it they will come.

This is one of the (many) reasons I uninstalled TF2 for good, too many people were doing this on their servers, and often it wasn't obvious until you actually entered the game to see. IMO doing this is just a great way to get your server blacklisted.

They have names too, who of course aren't really in the server making it almost impossible like you said to tell who's fibbing and whos not. I wonder how/why they have the power to do this?

Upvote 0
I wonder how/why they have the power to do this?

There's serverproviders for games like BF2 and BF2142 that offer this as "special service". Friend of mine told me that for the servers alone they pay around 300$, for the servers and this service they pay above 700$.

I don't think this stuff costs anything for source games though, hence it's way more rampart there.

Upvote 0
Not ok, it undermines the whole purpose and trust in the server browser, and will only hurt hosts in the long run, the more stuff like this is used, the more people will only rely on the few favorited servers in their list, and refuse to try out a new server.

It's not hard to seed a server the right way, and if your server is any good, then you won't have to do it for long before people have put it in their favorites, and it'll nolonger need seeding.

Upvote 0
What Dwin posted. I blacklist those servers as soon as I have left them. Servers I also blacklist are those with clan advertisements and "our rules" spam in chat, "don't use weapon X or kick", automated chat filter that transforms cussing into gibberish, map X 24/7, custom maps only, clan stacking, "please accept our rules by pressing 1" (particularly in a non-English language) etc.

yep, same couldent have said it better myself.

I dislike being lied to.

Upvote 0