• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

daschewy

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2006
Yuppie
Has anyone played this and if so what are your thoughts on this game? I've read from several reviews that there are some improvements to the game over all in certain aspects but for the most part the game takes several steps back
in terms of gameplay and game flow.

Right now Im between getting this game and MTW 2.

The stealth sensor in the bottom right panel tells you how noticable you are.

I got the game for Wii, and after gettig over the incredibly odd control scheme it's an ok game. But the knife makes the game way too easy to just slash your way through while only resorting to stealth every now and again.

Upvote 0
The controls are slick and the game is fun, but it's far too short to be worth playing (playing the game over again on hard does not count as replayability gamedevs!) ****ing console games.

Get Med2 you will have infinitly more fun with it. With the modding community in that you'll be able to pick that up again in a year and be playing an almost new game as well.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I tried MTW 2 gold demo, the two maps in europe played prefectly and everything loaded okay, but when I went to play the map against the aztecs it ran like crap, and I for sure met most of the recommend requirements.

Should my current system be able to run it fine, I have a: 6600 GT, 1 gb ram at 220 mhz, the AMD athlon xp-m 2400+ at 2.3 ghz, and a raptor HD. Im thinking of getting a 7800gs as a last upgrade if I need it as I see my gaming days coming to a end pretty soon, but if I dont have to upgrade to play MTW Id really rather not.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I tried MTW 2 gold demo, the two maps in europe played prefectly and everything loaded okay, but when I went to play the map against the aztecs it ran like crap, and I for sure met most of the recommend requirements.

Should my current system be able to run it fine, I have a: 6600 GT, 1 gb ram at 220 mhz, the AMD athlon xp-m 2400+ at 2.3 ghz, and a raptor HD. Im thinking of getting a 7800gs as a last upgrade if I need it as I see my gaming days coming to a end pretty soon, but if I dont have to upgrade to play MTW Id really rather not.

I wouldn't say it could run it fine. Your RAM is OK and your HD is very good, but your processor is a bit weak as is the graphics card. (For M2) The Aztec fight involves lots of enemies, but so do the European ones, so I'm a wee bit puzzled on that.

You can always just lower the unit sizes when you get the game, it alters the amount of men a unit will get i.e. in huge, you can get 160 men but in small they will be 40 or something. It really adds up in the end, and saves you a lot of FPS if your machine is somewhat lacking.

Upvote 0