• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Speed hack detected, you are session banned

Packet loss may not be the problem

Packet loss may not be the problem

I ran a test in the background while I was getting speedhack messages. The test claims to be able to detect packer loss and while I was getting the speedhack message, the tool didn't report any connection issues.

Link to the test is [url]http://www.pingtest.net/[/URL]

I'd like to see a more specific analysis and response from someone in Tripwire.

W.

Upvote 0
I ran a test in the background while I was getting speedhack messages. The test claims to be able to detect packer loss and while I was getting the speedhack message, the tool didn't report any connection issues.

Link to the test is [URL="http://www.pingtest.net/"][url]http://www.pingtest.net/[/URL][/URL]

I'd like to see a more specific analysis and response from someone in Tripwire.

W.

That test will only detect packet loss between your computer and their host.

Upvote 0
Luiz, while I feel for you and your poor connection woes, you must realize you need a better, more reliable connection to overcome your packet losses.

Packet loss is one of the causes of speed hack detection notices and session bans.

I Khow Mike, i Khow D:

But i researched around here in my town, this is the best internet i can get in the moment, and no plans to the Mayor to fix that.

I really want to be sure if there is nothing the Devs could do to fix it the problem.

one of the motives i bought Red orchestra is because the good things in the connection, even with 250 of ping people can get good shots.

And yes, i really love how is good to shoot the floor and the bullet come in the same time.

But the only problem is the lag spikes and the messages of Speed Hacking who get me banned.

I tried to tell the guy who is in charge with the internet, and he say there is nothing he can do, even if is lying, i can change to other guy, because he is the only guy here.

Upvote 0
I Khow Mike, i Khow D:

But i researched around here in my town, this is the best internet i can get in the moment, and no plans to the Mayor to fix that.

I really want to be sure if there is nothing the Devs could do to fix it the problem.

one of the motives i bought Red orchestra is because the good things in the connection, even with 250 of ping people can get good shots.

And yes, i really love how is good to shoot the floor and the bullet come in the same time.

But the only problem is the lag spikes and the messages of Speed Hacking who get me banned.

I tried to tell the guy who is in charge with the internet, and he say there is nothing he can do, even if is lying, i can change to other guy, because he is the only guy here.

Did you look around for a 3G or HSDPA cell-phone connections? They aren't the best there is, but it might be well enough to play on.

Upvote 0
Did you look around for a 3G or HSDPA cell-phone connections? They aren't the best there is, but it might be well enough to play on.

Well...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-18932723

``
Brazil's telecom regulator, Anatel, has decided to penalise three of the country's leading mobile phone providers due to the 'poor service' given to customers.
From Monday, the companies Claro, Tim and Oi will have their sales suspended in some Brazilian states.
They will also have to present a new investment plan within 30 days for the ban to be lifted.
Iracema Sodre reports.

Upvote 0
Ah - ok.

So the issue is not my internet connection in general, but the specific connection between me and the server. In which case speedhack may be falsely interpreting server-side bandwidth issues as client-side hacking. Maybe it's been coded backwards? :)

Server-Side?? Highly doubtful with properly installed and setup Servers.

Underpowered servers and packet loss can contribute but by and large, the main fault is the user's router, internet connection and the route to the server.

Upvote 0
HSDPA is an enhanced version of 3G. Some do refer to it as 3.5G. The transmission speed of HSDPA is higher (42 Mbits/s) and it's more reliable. It seems to be working quite well for gamming.

I understrand, well, is not in Brazil now.

edit:
wait wait, is in Brazil, sorry, is arleady released in 2008, but here they only used the name, and for what i khow is almost the same broken thing like the 3G, well, we have one of the worst telephone connections in the world, so makes sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello. I'm just an new. My cousins who also played Killing Floor. I've played Red Orchestra 2 and I have a problem. Me and my friends were playing Red Orchestra 2 and I just got banned in the server due to speed hack for no reasons. My ping is okay. I'm not a laggy, it was an ping who make me laggy and gave me speed hack. WTF!? I'm very upset. This is like game crash. I need you to fix it. Can you help me please?

Upvote 0