• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Speed hack detected, you are session banned

Dslyecxi

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 31, 2005
Houston
dslyecxi.com
Short and sweet - if you're experiencing packetloss, you will be notified of "Speed hack detected" in the event that your position updates by more than anticipated (due to said packetloss). After a few seconds of this you'll trigger the new anti-speedhack code.

At the time this happened to me (very first game after the patch just now), I was experiencing around 20-30% packetloss for a period of a few minutes (wonderful ISP, but that's another story). This was enough to gain a session ban due to said speedhack detection.

Speed hack detected, you are session banned

I've been session banned because of speed hack. The problem is I did NOT(and never will) use any kind of hack or cheating.

I was in the E objective on the map Barracks, moved to the first floor and then instantly found myself on the ground floor, could not move, I got a message, that I'm using speed hack, then I got banned from the server...

Weird...

Upvote 0
I've been session banned because of speed hack. The problem is I did NOT(and never will) use any kind of hack or cheating.

I was in the E objective on the map Barracks, moved to the first floor and then instantly found myself on the ground floor, could not move, I got a message, that I'm using speed hack, then I got banned from the server...

Weird...

Join the club, i had mine bout 20 mins ago.

200rxc6.png

Reactions: Timppaface
Upvote 0
Since most of you are new to PunkBuster and have no idea what "Google" is I've taken it upon myself to do it for you.

I havent cheated, but PunkBuster(TM)? has kicked me for Wallhack/Multihack/Aimbot/Speedhack/Gamehack/Gamehook/Video driver hack/Pbhack Why?
These violations are triggered by punkbuster software. When you're kicked off of a streaming server for one of the above violations you're automatically added to the pbbans master ban index (MBI). For the ban to be removed from the PBBans MBI you will need to submit a trouble ticket to Even Balance, the developers of PB. At the bottom of this page you will find all the information regarding your ban, please include the (blue text) in your Even Balance trouble ticket to speed up the appeal process. If Even Balance say that the violation that triggered your ban was not an error the ban will not be removed and your GUID will remain on the MBI permanently with no chance of removal. If Even Balance say the violation was an error then your ban will be removed when a ban manager reviews your appeal.
So if you did nothing wrong then there's no need to worry. But if you did happen to cheat to placate your prepubertal angst then you can enjoy the non protected servers. If there is any...

Upvote 0