• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimenation Versus Mod vs. 200 and over

Did anyone else notice some graphical quality loss when playing as a specimen, it seemed like the game was running on low settings yet looked fine once I switched over to the human side...

Aside from that, was an interesting take on the game to say the least. I was kind of disappointed with the balance between specimens and humans though as it's pretty hard to inflict significant damage as a specimen but then again I guess with practice it won't be as hard since if the AI specimens can kill players, why can't we? :D

Upvote 0
Following errors i picked up on, maybe changed sinse.

Can't spawn as a clot, you have about 20 seconds before you get autokilled/suicide.

Gorefast have auto attack, its not an idle state its attacking none stop without any buttons being pressed.

Bloats can become unkillable, you can shoot and shoot and nothing will put them down.

As specimin i could get into the trader with the survivor and continue attacking them, although eventually i couldn't take damage nor deal it.

Clots spawn and don't move, they just stand there.

I got to the crawler and stalker stage where those two actually seemed okay, the crawler moves quite nicely.

Upvote 0
Must admit I noticed what appeared to be random constant attacking for the gorefast. One thing I ran into on youtube yesterday was this thing.... anyone have any clue about it?

YouTube - Killing Floor-play as specimens

I tried looking for it on the website in the videos description, but their servers dont allow you to download anymore. Slightly puzzled me to say the least since this isn't the version I played the other day... :confused:

Upvote 0
Must admit I noticed what appeared to be random constant attacking for the gorefast. One thing I ran into on youtube yesterday was this thing.... anyone have any clue about it?

YouTube - Killing Floor-play as specimens

I tried looking for it on the website in the videos description, but their servers dont allow you to download anymore. Slightly puzzled me to say the least since this isn't the version I played the other day... :confused:

This is the old version of the one about to be released. Constant Tripwire updates kept bugging it, so eventually it just became unplayable. :(

Upvote 0
lol and now it has another bug which might be fixed - Patriarch round...

Anyways there are some things which shall be fixed:
- Gorefast "rage" being random, it shall work with the alt fire...
- FP does no damages to players, but does to speciments (WTF)
- Patriarch minigun... doesn't damage... same I guess rocket launcher, or it does only to himself... not sure tho...
- Trader at the ending, before Patriarch, kinda annoying
- Impossible to spawn in Patriarch round... kinda weird...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Patriarch minigun... doesn't damage... same I guess rocket launcher, or it does only to himself... not sure tho...
- Impossible to spawn in Patriarch round... kinda weird...

Patriarch rocket seems to work, cause I saw a guy called Odi get blown to kingdom come.

I wonder if the problem with spawning in the Patriarch round is that players can't be a clot due to a clot being the waiting to spawn model, and unless the player playing the patriarch can get away and heal, which seems impossible, then there are no playable specimens until the second Patty heal

Upvote 0