• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Specimen Improvement: Crawler

Xandos88

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
I don't know if someone already thought\write about this, but i think that crawler should crawl on walls xD

do you realise how "scary" it should be when adventuring in the tunnels of biotics lab you see them crawling on walls charging you from all directions?!

they are already too bothering when you have to deal with them in groups, think about how damned disoriently should be with groups attacking from all directions, up down left and right lol

Sambopukka

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 20, 2009
I think they're fine how they are, they always have supposed to been fast and low health, but they still manage to be the biggest buggers when you're half blinded by a siren or husk.

No Glory

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Hmmm, I once thought about maybe using the ladder coding on walls, but I'd need to expand the concept 1st ..... :S

vealck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2009
I proposed that already.

Meh, as for now, just got to stick with AVP if you want to shoot wall-crawling pests.

Major Liability

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2010
New York
Crawlers would be much more powerful if they made no noise whatsoever, no voice or footsteps at all. Now that would be scary.

9_6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
They do make no noise except when shot what are you talking about.

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
Wow are you dumb? How cud u say they don't make noise?
Unless ur being sarcastic of course :D

And crawlers do need more health and damage.
I can kill one with a single shot from the 9mm on begginner.

Last edited:

Xandos88

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
indeed crawlers makes a lot of noises and yes, they would be more scary if the won't do any noise, but i simply suggested crawling on walls becouse i thought it was a "simple" add to make to the game and a more scary way to play. I don't think that the engine used to run this glorius game isn't incompatible with such thing^^

Xandos88

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
indeed crawlers makes a lot of noises and yes, they would be more scary if the won't do any noise, but i simply suggested crawling on walls becouse i thought it was a "simple" add to make to the game and a more scary way to play. I don't think that the engine used to run this glorius game isn't incompatible with such thing^^

dextronaut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
And crawlers do need more health and damage.
I can kill one with a single shot from the 9mm on begginner.
yeh seriously, its crawlers job to get the players to move around, but right now, the crawlers are so weak, all the players are like, "whats that tickling me?" BANG BANG, ok back to camping.

KingJoker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2009
Far Far Away
now wait for a reply from some new guy, lvl 1 whatever, "uh hey i bought the game yesterday and im lvl 1 sharpshooter, i think crawlers are perfect the way they are"
I think crawlers are perfect the way they are >.>

They are annoying and thats their job, without armor a crawler can do a lot of damage, also it chases after you and leaps at you. SO, if you are reloading more then likely you will die. Their health may be low, but so is a clots, and so is a stalkers.

If any specimen needs a boost, it would be the clot.