• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimen and Dynamic Objects

the only problem with dynamic objects is that they can be abused. I've seen a player on arcadeshoppingcenter use a shotty to punt a box into another player and kill him.

Until the damage they do to players is lowered then they can't be implemented to their full potential.

though, if they were to do that, then people could begin modding barricade mutators and such. assuming the AI knew to knock it out of the way if there is a barricade. certain triggers would need to be added.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the only problem with dynamic objects is that they can be abused. I've seen a player on arcadeshoppingcenter use a shotty to punt a box into another player and kill him.

Until the damage they do to players is lowered then they can't be implemented to their full potential.

though, if they were to do that, then people could begin modding barricade mutators and such. assuming the AI knew to knock it out of the way if there is a barricade. certain triggers would need to be added.

Not to mention that applying a bunch of fancy dynamic physics to objects in an already action-filled game tends to add no shortage of lag...

Upvote 0
Because this:

They were fun - but the physics system was incredibly buggy...

Would only become much worse if ported into the somewhat unstable Unreal Engine 3. If it's hard for something to not be buggy in 2.5, then it'll be a nightmare to get it stable in 3, really.

Everyone acts like the Unreal 3 engine is godly, but it's really not...

Upvote 0
Because this:

Would only become much worse if ported into the somewhat unstable Unreal Engine 3. If it's hard for something to not be buggy in 2.5, then it'll be a nightmare to get it stable in 3, really.

Everyone acts like the Unreal 3 engine is godly, but it's really not...

i agree. the U3 engine is not that great. if it's great in UT3 and gears of war ect, it's because all the glitches were kinked out for those games. doesn't mean the barebones physics engine for it was perfect from the start.

Upvote 0