• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Specific character lines only triggering in offline mode

eckojay

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
Category: Sound / Audio

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: The KZED_Massacre_Base dialogue trigger only appears to work in offline mode but not in multiplayer / when playing with others.

Description: The KZED_Massacre_Base sound file will only trigger when playing offline. This file never triggers when playing in an online environment regardless of whether players are present or not (i.e. Does not distinguish between having players around or playing alone online). I have tested this with Donovan and Foster and it fails to play in both instances so I would assume it applies to all other characters.

This can be reproduced by playing online / offline and listening for the trigger of the voice line. Here you can see I am playing offline and Foster says "Hope someone's taking notes" which used to play in multiplayer settings but no longer does. I'm not sure of the exact criteria required to trigger the KZED_Massacre_Base line so it's hard to test from a player perspective but this could be easily be reproduced by a developer that knows how to trigger it.

-POSSIBLE RELATED BUG-

Certain dialogue available in the files never / has never played ever as far as I'm aware. A list of these includes, but is not limited to:
-ACT_LowAmmo_Advice
-KZED_BluntDam_Comment
-KZED_DamageRpt_Base
-KZED_Massacre_Response
-KZED_Killboss_Celebrate

-END OF POSSIBLE RELATED BUG-

Online/Offline: Technically the bug occurs online as it is where the sound fails to play.