• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spawning with bayonets attached

Bluehawk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Hamilton, ON
Just as the name suggests, my first real suggestion on these boards, or any RO boards after so long, is rather simple.

Since there are options for multiple primary weapons and handguns etc. and they've already added options for indigenous and English class names, I thought maybe in the Class Loadout screen, or whatever it's official name is, there would be a checkbox or something along those lines to spawn with the bayonet already mounted.

That way people who prefer the bayonet for close combat don't have to put it on every time, but obviously if they want the stability they can take it off mid-battle.

Perhaps it's not important, and it certainly shouldn't take priority over other tasks the dev's have laid out for themselves, but it would be a neat little feature to compliment the rest.

Im all for the bayonet........ but forcing you to start with it on is rediculous...... especially in maps like Flak Hill 88.... I like to use my Kar without the bayonet until it becomes necessary to have it attached..... I find with it off Im more accurate on long range shots.......

And before this damn thread goes anywhere if there is something to do with the bayonets....... FIX them

Way to many times have I used a bayonet and a hit doesnt register...... or for some reason the bayo stab falls short when it shouldnt have.........

And over all the bayo stab should be a one hit kill...... I dont know about you...... but if I got stabbed by a large knife I think I would fall over in pain..... not go argh and keep going........:D

Upvote 0
Far as I know, yes except for when in motorized transport. At all other times the bayonet was to be attached (or in the case of the M44, extended).

Yeah. The gun was calibrated for the bayonet being attached, making it slightly *less* accurate without the bayonet.

So really the Russians should spawn with it being attached, and the Germans shouldn't. Only a trival thing really..

Upvote 0
The maps aren't big enough to the point where having a bayonet attached will degrade accuracy...

I've never taken a bayonet off to improve accuracy before, it's usually fine for me with it on.

Accuracy it doesnt affect, but I get less sway with the bayonet attached. So usually, if I know Im going to be shooting over mainly long ranges, Ill leave it off, then attach it before I enter a building or other close quarters area.

Upvote 0
The maps aren't big enough to the point where having a bayonet attached will degrade accuracy...

OK, where shall I begin?

The Mosin Nagant 91/30s were sighted in at the armory with the Bayo Attached.
Soviet soldiers were not allowed to remove the bayo for that very reason. If they took off the bayo it would change the point of impact and throw off aim.

What does this mean? It means that we should have bayos attached at begining of game and it also means that rifle should be less accurate with bayo taken off. The exact opposit of the K98k, where the bayo is not normally installed and accuracy suffers slightly if put on. Not an issue at short range engagements however as somebody else has already posted.

This is a historical fact so the originator of this thread is absolutely correct and I have personally brought up this issue time and time again in this forum.

Bayo should be on at start. This may not apply to the M44 however but on the 91/30 it should be on at start with no accuracy penalty unless bayo is taken off. But then again why would you do that and hurt yourself in both areas?

With the M44 Im not sure if it was sighted in with folding bayo extended or foled. Anyone know?

Tripwire, you there?

Upvote 0
Im all for the bayonet........ but forcing you to start with it on is rediculous...... especially in maps like Flak Hill 88.... I like to use my Kar without the bayonet until it becomes necessary to have it attached..... I find with it off Im more accurate on long range shots.......

And before this damn thread goes anywhere if there is something to do with the bayonets....... FIX them

Way to many times have I used a bayonet and a hit doesnt register...... or for some reason the bayo stab falls short when it shouldnt have.........

And over all the bayo stab should be a one hit kill...... I dont know about you...... but if I got stabbed by a large knife I think I would fall over in pain..... not go argh and keep going........:D

What I meant was have the option to spawn with it on, or spawn with it off. It would be the player's preference. There would still be the ability to fix and unfix the bayonet ingame as well, in case the player feels it necessary.

Upvote 0
OK, where shall I begin?

The Mosin Nagant 91/30s were sighted in at the armory with the Bayo Attached.
Soviet soldiers were not allowed to remove the bayo for that very reason. If they took off the bayo it would change the point of impact and throw off aim.

What does this mean? It means that we should have bayos attached at begining of game and it also means that rifle should be less accurate with bayo taken off. The exact opposit of the K98k, where the bayo is not normally installed and accuracy suffers slightly if put on. Not an issue at short range engagements however as somebody else has already posted.

This is a historical fact so the originator of this thread is absolutely correct and I have personally brought up this issue time and time again in this forum.

Bayo should be on at start. This may not apply to the M44 however but on the 91/30 it should be on at start with no accuracy penalty unless bayo is taken off. But then again why would you do that and hurt yourself in both areas?

With the M44 Im not sure if it was sighted in with folding bayo extended or foled. Anyone know?

Tripwire, you there?

Ummmm...... Stupid thread.....
Just hit the attach bayonet key when you spawn. Problem solved, move on.
Any important issues?

Upvote 0