• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Spawning alterations

ScrakeMorgendorffer

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2015
Hi

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to UDK, the KF2 SDK and level design in general. I've managed to finally get a spawnvolume into the game, but I'm more interested in trying to figure out if I can delay the introduction of scrakes and fleshpounds until as late in the applicable waves as possible.

I'm interested in setting up the spawns this way so that players will use the majority of their ammunition on trash mobs and medium zeds unless they're very frugal, and then have the most difficult zeds show up.

Is there a means for being able to tweak zed spawning so that this can/will/is more likely to happen?

After re-reading what I wrote, it's not particularly clear what my intentions were. If I can explain:

Let's say it's a 7 wave game, and scrakes turn up at wave 4. Just to put it out there, let's assume there's 201 zeds to spawn in wave 4/7. What I'm interested in doing is getting the majority [if not all] of the scrakes that would spawn in those 201 zeds [let's assume it's 3 scrakes] to spawn when there's roughly 20-40 zeds left.

I hope that's a better explanation, although the more I read, the more I think that the constituents of the total zed spawns per wave [and their order of spawn] are not up for tweaking.

Upvote 0