• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spawn on SL

Deadbolt

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2008
I think that when playing as a squad leader, you should get a point per teammate that spawns on you. It would encourage people to actually play the squad leader role correctly instead of using it just as another assault/semi class. If they knew they would be getting points, they might be inclined to look at the spawn timer now and then duck down and be safe for 5 seconds so reinforcements can get in on their position. What do you think?

Reactions: Goten
In principle it's a good idea, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be implemented.

But what'd really encourage them to play their role properly would be if their smoke grenades were to regenerate every time a squad mate spawns on them. Makes sense, too...reinforcements carrying supplies to the frontline.

Ehhh... no.

That would make the map look worse than the inside of an Amsterdam-cabbie's car.

Upvote 0
I'd love to spawn on SLs even if it means landing right in a combat zone. It's all preferable to me relative to having to trudge all the way to the frontlines from a spawn, along a road I've seen a dozen times before in the last half hour.

The first is a brief nuisance and a prelude to me fetching coffee. The second is serious boredom of the extended variety.

So my main problem is with SLs constantly rushing off to die as fast as they can manage. Good heavens, people, drop your SMGs for the disposable riflemen, grab a rifle, and hang back!

Upvote 0
drop your SMGs for the disposable riflemen

You can only hope they'd pick it up... else it's a bad waste of firepower. Not advisable on most public servers I'd say.

Also, spawning on SL is so bugged that it almost never works. And when it works, it's indeed often insta-death. The squad system needs some reworking, and untill then I'd say: just attack and use your heavy firepower and smoke to push forward.

Upvote 0
So my main problem is with SLs constantly rushing off to die as fast as they can manage. Good heavens, people, drop your SMGs for the disposable riflemen, grab a rifle, and hang back!
When I played SL I often did so as a 'hang back' tactical spawn point but in order to make it work I had to bury myself in cover and never peep out for fear of invalidating myself as a spawn location (you have to stay out of the LOS of all enemy to be a valid spawn point) which meant not shooting, which in some cases is a significant reduction in team firepower. (Salt often rubbed into the wound as quite often squad mates would spawn on the wrong side of my cover and get insta-ventilated.) It's a pretty sh_tty and unrewarding [points] gaming experience thus it is of no surprise at all to me that most SL players don

Upvote 0