• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spawn bug, or mod/mutator?

Lewt

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
So last night I played a few (3) long games in a single server, leaving near the end of the third game.

There were at least 4 players at all times, and around halfway through the first game, it felt like something was wrong. Too easy, in a way. After finishing wave 7 we all realized none of us noticed a single fleshpound. "Alright, so we're just really lucky". Wave 8, same thing - sharpshooter, demo, and support all prepare for fleshpounds, but none come. Same with 9 and 10. We beat the patriarch, quickly do the next game (in which ZERO fleshpounds appear, seemingly replaced by scrakes), until I notice something else. There weren't any husks at all.

Stayed in the server til maybe wave 8 of the next game, no husks or fleshpounds at all. Left because it was still too easy, and to check my perks. They leveled perfectly fine. This leads me to ask - was it just a one in a thousand odds that nothing annoying spawned, or was it a mod that somehow bypassed the whitelist?

They were all official TW maps, and we didn't really camp one specific place the entire time. Mostly we moved around the second and third floor of Offices, though we had to stay down in the hallway where the first floor trader is for one of the later waves. As for Manor we just grouped up outside the front of the building, so it's not an issue of where we were located.

The server was one in my favorites, which I join often - never noticed a mutator on it before, not even antiblock. Will be going back on soon to check it out, and see if this is still happening.

Nothing happened that was odd, or different in the game at all, except for one thing I just remembered. Someone claimed he heard a fleshpound at least 2 times during different games, but nobody ever encountered one, and I didn't hear it for myself.

Upvote 0
We weren't doing too well, so our demo couldn't afford many pipe bombs. We didn't even have a demo for half the FP waves. Kept an eye on our only sharpshooter and support, didn't notice them killing any. Plus everyone confirmed they never saw a fleshpound.

Really I can only think that the server glitched in some unexpected way, or husks/FPs didn't spawn simply because we were lucky for three games straight, or it was a mutator/mod/cheat that bypassed the whitelist.

Upvote 0