• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sounds in this game are incredible

On my system, the Moisin sounds like a soft "whum" sound. I find that disappointing--it feels like I'm shooting marshmallows at my enemies. Since I'll probably not be dropping money for a sound card just for RO, I think I'll probably keep an ear out for a sound mod that I like.

Oh, and I won't just switch to a better sounding weapon, because real men only used bolties. And also fight for Vladimir Putin's grandfather, who I assume is somewhere in RO2 because I'm pretty sure Putin invented Russia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It sounded good to me until my 1st map switch. Then I lost all sound in game. I still get sound on the main menus but after the first map switch no sounds at all while in an actual map fight.

Edit: It isn't a consistent problem though. Just intermittent so far. Maybe it particular servers causing it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Grenades. Really quiet unless you're standing right on top of them. A grenade explosion 30m away can sometimes seem inaudible. A rifle firing in the distance will be much, much, louder in comparison.

This ^

They sound super quiet to me too. TW can you guys crank the grenades volume up for us? I want my ears to bleed a little from those babies.

Upvote 0
I was in a close battle in the Station map, and I climbed up to the top of the building where the roof was blasted away. I killed a German there, grabbed the mounted Maxim, and started firing across the roof and into the Germans below me to suppress them enough to allow us to move up. The Maxim's sound has a harsh popping quality to it, and because I was wearing in-ear bud headphones (don't knock 'em), every bullet fired hurt my ears just a little.

It was spectacular. :D

Upvote 0
I'm a bit disapointed in this area of the game actually, apart from the bugs and other little things the sounds are not loud enough, I often hear MG34 nearby but it's like it's got a silencer on it and the Mosin is pretty quiet, I can't hear gunshots from enemies that are pretty close by, say 40m, when I'd think i should and I'm wondering if near misses are as audible as they should be too.

Actually, players shouting random crap while under supression seems to be louder than gunfire sometimes, needs a re-balance?

Upvote 0