Sounds in this game are incredible

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CrazylikE

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2011
The sounds are ok, but I feel the footstep sounds or the sounds that you make when moving around feels wrong.

Britney Federline

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
On my system, the Moisin sounds like a soft "whum" sound. I find that disappointing--it feels like I'm shooting marshmallows at my enemies. Since I'll probably not be dropping money for a sound card just for RO, I think I'll probably keep an ear out for a sound mod that I like.

Oh, and I won't just switch to a better sounding weapon, because real men only used bolties. And also fight for Vladimir Putin's grandfather, who I assume is somewhere in RO2 because I'm pretty sure Putin invented Russia.

Last edited:

M55ikael

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 11, 2011
Whoever did them needs a standing ovation. :IS2:

Just like in RO1 the gun sounds are amazing. The music is very good too, though a bit excessive at times. I've been playing countdown on realistic a lot lately and the game is really starting to jell with me. Much more so than RO.

grothesj2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 29, 2010
It sounded good to me until my 1st map switch. Then I lost all sound in game. I still get sound on the main menus but after the first map switch no sounds at all while in an actual map fight.

Edit: It isn't a consistent problem though. Just intermittent so far. Maybe it particular servers causing it?

Last edited:

11_HARLEY_11

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2010
- Grenades. Really quiet unless you're standing right on top of them. A grenade explosion 30m away can sometimes seem inaudible. A rifle firing in the distance will be much, much, louder in comparison.

This ^

They sound super quiet to me too. TW can you guys crank the grenades volume up for us? I want my ears to bleed a little from those babies.

Graphic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2006
Nevada
Sound is epic, except ONE minor nitpick: the Mosin Nagant could use a little more power in its sound.

and the nades of course

Ambient

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 7, 2011
my game wont let me go past max 32 channels....and i have XFi Extreme gamer 5.1 sound card....

wat do?

neSie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2011
I am liking the sound in this game but one thing that I have noticed that, when in a multi-floored building, you can not tell if other footsteps are on the same floor, the floor/s above or the floor/s below.

DesiQ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 5, 2011
Australia
www.desiquintans.com
I was in a close battle in the Station map, and I climbed up to the top of the building where the roof was blasted away. I killed a German there, grabbed the mounted Maxim, and started firing across the roof and into the Germans below me to suppress them enough to allow us to move up. The Maxim's sound has a harsh popping quality to it, and because I was wearing in-ear bud headphones (don't knock 'em), every bullet fired hurt my ears just a little.

It was spectacular. :D

atredies

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2011
I'm a bit disapointed in this area of the game actually, apart from the bugs and other little things the sounds are not loud enough, I often hear MG34 nearby but it's like it's got a silencer on it and the Mosin is pretty quiet, I can't hear gunshots from enemies that are pretty close by, say 40m, when I'd think i should and I'm wondering if near misses are as audible as they should be too.

Actually, players shouting random crap while under supression seems to be louder than gunfire sometimes, needs a re-balance?

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
I'm just waiting for OpenAL, then the sounds will be amazing, now the only amazing thing is the recordings, but the game sound system itself... Annoying to not know whether sounds come from above you or below.

koalorka

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 19, 2006
Canada
Something I noticed there is no depth to the sounds, and the extreme lag and poor performance make the sounds appear with a delay.

Gaizokubanou

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2011
my game wont let me go past max 32 channels....and i have XFi Extreme gamer 5.1 sound card....

wat do?

It's a bug with in-game option.

Go to Documents/My Games/RedOrchestra2/ROGame/Config/ROEngine

Then find the line "MaxChannels=32", change the '32' into 64 or 128, whichever you want, then save.