Sounds dont load in SDK

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
When i tried making a new sound package, the SDK doesnt open my sound files.

I have currently made 5 custom packages and all work fine. I always started with New Sound Group and always got the job done.

The problem is not the sound files themselves since i tried opening my other sounds that i already put in a package and they did not open either.

So anyone got a clue? I didnt make a new uax file in the current version of KF (last time i used SDK was during the Xmas event).

forrestmark9

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 29, 2011
If it's a .wav you are trying to import then the reason it fails is cause the .wav is in a invalid format

If it's still not that then I honestly have no idea

Last edited:

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
If it's a .wav you are trying to import then the reason it fails is cause the .wav is in a invalid format

Really? Then how could i have made my sound packs with them?
My Pyro and other voice packs are made with .wav files.

Also SDk exports only in wav files.

Last edited:

Visulth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 6, 2013
One problem I encountered was that the KFED cannot handle spaces for the sound files--not in the filename, nor in the directory.

Try copying your wav files to a path with no spaces and rename accordingly?

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
One problem I encountered was that the KFED cannot handle spaces for the sound files--
omg, i knew about not having it in the file name, didnt know it also had to be in the directory.

i stuffed all my sounds in my personal folder...so yes there was spaces in their names in those folders.

Thanks.

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I got another problem now where the SDK just doesnt play any sounds at all.
I boot up SDK and click the play audio and nothing comes out. The play button is pushed in so something has to be coming out.
(Yes all sounds wont play, even KF's offical sounds.)

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
The ed doesn't like hardware or multichan audio. Check "use system driver" and change sound to "safe mode" for best results in the ed.
Where would this be?

Its so weird, i dont remember doing anything import in UDK or KF.
I was making stuff in SDK the other a week ago, like this

Few days later i wanna finish it up and now no audio plays in SDK :(
(Yes sound works fully in KF itself.)