• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Sound] No Trader Nags

Why is there only the STFU version now?
I'm strapped for time when it comes to updating and testing all of my KF2 mod releases after every update, and judging by the download numbers, I can see there is an overwhelming preference for disabling the Trader's voice entirely rather than just silencing her between-round nags.

I'll get the No Nags version uploaded again some time this week when I have time.

Upvote 0
I'm strapped for time when it comes to updating and testing all of my KF2 mod releases after every update, and judging by the download numbers, I can see there is an overwhelming preference for disabling the Trader's voice entirely rather than just silencing her between-round nags.

I'll get the No Nags version uploaded again some time this week when I have time.

Actually, after playing with the STFU version I quite like it. Didn't realize that maybe just the trader as a whole is annoying. I miss KF1 trader, and also the RE4 merchant mod lol. :p

Upvote 0

No rush, take your time. Nice to see that you didn't forget about that version though.

Upvote 0
There is still sound when i don't have enough money to buy weapons
This is intentional. There are no other visual or audio cues presented when a transaction fails. The Trader's too heavy/too expensive lines were retained so you can still know why you weren't able to purchase something. These lines are also only spoken at the Trader screen, not during waves, so they're far less likely to be intruding over other essential gameplay audio.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the update, but do you plan on doing the other one as well? Before you had a version that silences her completely, then you had one to make her sound more like KF1 trader.
I've added an updated version of the original "No Trader Nags" version to the original post. However, I do not have time now to extensively test it. It won't break your game or anything, but I haven't made sure all of the correct lines are disabled right now.

Upvote 0
Works for me as of the date of this post. Thank you so much.

For me, it's that it becomes way too repetitive, regardless to how well the script was voiced and so.

Now, I'm dreaming of a similar mod for the siren screams. I already have the "Reduce High Pitch Noise" in Gameplay options turned on, and I still need their sounds removed. When there is a number of them around and it takes long to take them down for whatever reason, like their pathing gets messed up and they just get stuck in some corner for a while until someone can go get them, it just becomes way too annoying. Anyway, I'd really appreciate a mod for siren sounds.

Upvote 0
Firstly i wanted to thank you for this beautiful mod as it protects my sanity.
I'm on 1055 (current at this time), mod does work but i can't play online with it - always get Connection Failed message. As soon as i remove the mod it works, so i'm pretty sure mod breaks online.

UPD: just deleting WW_VOX_NPC_Trader.upk from the folder completely shuts the trader up, and it works online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0