Sound Bug Still Happening

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

OrangeO

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2011
Orlando, FL (East Coast)
Was just on a server and after the map change I had no sound. I alt-tab'ed out of game for a min.. then tried to alt-tab back and it only went to a black screen. Then after a few pop sounds through my speakers, windows tells me RO isn't responding anymore.

Anyone else running to this now after the latest patch?

Graphic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2006
Nevada
Same here, I just got it.

It's impossible to have uninterrupted marathon sessions in this game. Something always goes wrong.

Reise

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 1, 2006
Maine, US
I've actually gotten it every time I've played since the last patch.

Sometimes it goes completely dead, sometimes it's selective on what it mutes.

May be speculating a bit too hard here, but I think it's linked to the Steam message beep. The bug seemed to happen every time I got a message in the game from friends.

Raquel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 27, 2011
Portugal
If 2 patches that were supposed to fix it didnt im starting to think the bug will stay around forever :(

Echo Black

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 14, 2011
Had it happen THREE times over 2h play session just now. It's great when you manage to pick Marksman then have to restart the game because your sound went out.

---

ukhazard

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 24, 2006
Not happened to me today. Also yes this last one was supposed to have fixed it, but the one before that was rolled back because it affected some people's fps.

Rumpullpus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
yup i got it too. never had it durring the beta test of the patch though which is strange.

Omar The Insurgent

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 23, 2006
A good solution to fix this would be to add a restart sound console command, half life 2 engine had it. Can also bind it to a button

These are some UE3 console commands:

Audio Commands

AUDIO FLUSH TRUE
- flush all sound buffers - not working
RESETSOUNDSTATE
– Resets all volumes to their default values and removes all test filters.

HOWEVER, I would not recommend using them without approval from some expert as you will maybe end up having to delete all configuration files and reconfiguring.

Last edited:

DeMachina

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 10, 2011
Just happened to me in my first session since the patch. Didn't happen in the 1-2 weeks since the previous patch...

OrangeO

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2011
Orlando, FL (East Coast)
Just wanted to bump this thread so it doesn't get lost and also... several of my TAW clan members encountered the sound bug last night during our practice.

Really wish the Sound wouldn't keep claiming to be fixed until it is for sure fixed.

outlawII

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 11, 2011
Minnesota
www.ntdgaming.com
Yep happened to me this weekend,had to restart the game.I also get some pops and other various sounds once in awhile. What are u guys running for systems,maybe this will help us out if we all have one thing in common.

i7 920@ 4.0ghz
Evga gtx570 in sli
6 gigs of 2000mhz G-skill
Windows 7 64bit
Ht omega striker sound card