• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sort the clippin plz !!!!

There are a few things that can be exploited which make the game more arcade like. Most of us old skoolers play this way, but i think its inevitable when you have played something for so long. Especially so in clan wars. Anyway one example is leaning then firing a shot almost instantly together, if your fast enough you can kill someone at the blink of an eye. Ive practiced and got quite good at it. Another one is getting up from prone and hitting iron sights so you can pop up and fire like in the first example i gave. MG's hate it and rightfully so. I would like to see something amended from this current system.

Anyway no need for apologies Ronin, at least on my behalf. Once you have gotten used to the system a game works you are bound to pick up on all the quirks and use them to your advantage. Look at the CS 1.6 players.
Once you have pin pointed all the golden spots and learned to shoot through the same walls each round like in CS there becomes only one way to play and you are left with linear gameplay. I dont want this to happen with RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well another good example from Rainbow Six 3 (you know, that swat team game built with the Unreal Engine?) but it's still somewhat relevant:

It has a sort of detection system that I've seen in action many times, where a person will hold his weapon normally until he comes up to an object that's close enough to collide with it and he then automatically lowers it to a sort of rested position until firing. Then the weapon is raised to the ready/ironsighted position until he stops firing. All of this happens in the 3rd person "world" model and doesn't effect the 1st person view in any way. I *might* be able to get a video of this put together if people need some clarification on how it works.

Just wanted to show that this kind of thing is possible.

Upvote 0
I remember I stated somewhere that clipping is one of the major problems of the game. In clanmatches, its all (or almost all) about knowing these spots and gain advantage over the enemy. On public its a problem as well, coz there are millions of corners that "supprort" clipping, so every ROplayer does that "accidentally". Apart from Lyes*, which was the worst idea Tripwire ever had, clipping can make the differance on every map. A new team that isnt used to it will sense cheaters everywhere, coz they got shot from guys behind walls.

*Really, Im quite dissapointed with the release of Lyes, coz it already attracted a lot of clown-clans that are playing this map as their home-map. It simply attracts the run&gunners, the spray&pray-muppets that we dont want in RO, this is what we have cod2 for!

Upvote 0
I really am the only one who doesnt know where all the exploits are. I feel like such an newb.

I normaly dont do it "on purpose", and I definitly dont know every single one of these spots, but it just "happens" in a lot of locations when you lean around a corner. So I guess a lot of people are "clipping" when they dont even know what thats means (like myself a few months ago).....:eek:

Upvote 0
Yes I have signed previous attempts to get the clipping issues raised higher on TWI to-do-list.

And I will sign it again and again and again....

The only official response I seem to remember was to take screen shots and send them to TWI.

Erm, I dont think anyone has enough time to take piccy's of every corner in RO :p

Clipping in the most part is accidental. As the shot seems to originates from the forehead clipping will continue to happen whether its accidental or deliberate.

Lets hope TW get a chance to address the issue.

Upvote 0