• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Sort the clippin plz !!!!

Dcode

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheffield, UK
There are a few things that can be exploited which make the game more arcade like. Most of us old skoolers play this way, but i think its inevitable when you have played something for so long. Especially so in clan wars. Anyway one example is leaning then firing a shot almost instantly together, if your fast enough you can kill someone at the blink of an eye. Ive practiced and got quite good at it. Another one is getting up from prone and hitting iron sights so you can pop up and fire like in the first example i gave. MG's hate it and rightfully so. I would like to see something amended from this current system.

Anyway no need for apologies Ronin, at least on my behalf. Once you have gotten used to the system a game works you are bound to pick up on all the quirks and use them to your advantage. Look at the CS 1.6 players.
Once you have pin pointed all the golden spots and learned to shoot through the same walls each round like in CS there becomes only one way to play and you are left with linear gameplay. I dont want this to happen with RO.

Last edited:

Reise

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 1, 2006
Maine, US
Well another good example from Rainbow Six 3 (you know, that swat team game built with the Unreal Engine?) but it's still somewhat relevant:

It has a sort of detection system that I've seen in action many times, where a person will hold his weapon normally until he comes up to an object that's close enough to collide with it and he then automatically lowers it to a sort of rested position until firing. Then the weapon is raised to the ready/ironsighted position until he stops firing. All of this happens in the 3rd person "world" model and doesn't effect the 1st person view in any way. I *might* be able to get a video of this put together if people need some clarification on how it works.

Just wanted to show that this kind of thing is possible.

cooperr

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2006
Netherlands
fullmj.qla6.com
In ever game where you are able to prone.. these "bugs" or how u call it are there. In cod series you saw dead body camping and the weapon glitches. Legs true walls.. guns true walls etc. Never saw it fixed.. So I would be suprised if the TW could sort it out

[5thW]Rehakles[TRO]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 19, 2006
www.5thW.org
I remember I stated somewhere that clipping is one of the major problems of the game. In clanmatches, its all (or almost all) about knowing these spots and gain advantage over the enemy. On public its a problem as well, coz there are millions of corners that "supprort" clipping, so every ROplayer does that "accidentally". Apart from Lyes*, which was the worst idea Tripwire ever had, clipping can make the differance on every map. A new team that isnt used to it will sense cheaters everywhere, coz they got shot from guys behind walls.

*Really, Im quite dissapointed with the release of Lyes, coz it already attracted a lot of clown-clans that are playing this map as their home-map. It simply attracts the run&gunners, the spray&pray-muppets that we dont want in RO, this is what we have cod2 for!

Tomcat_ha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
I really am the only one who doesnt know where all the exploits are. I feel like such an newb.

[5thW]Rehakles[TRO]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 19, 2006
www.5thW.org
I really am the only one who doesnt know where all the exploits are. I feel like such an newb.
I normaly dont do it "on purpose", and I definitly dont know every single one of these spots, but it just "happens" in a lot of locations when you lean around a corner. So I guess a lot of people are "clipping" when they dont even know what thats means (like myself a few months ago).....:eek:

Dcode

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheffield, UK
Most of us dont do it on purpose but you always get some dick that trys to do it. I would like tripwires opinion on the matter though as this is not the first time clipping has been mentioned.

[DBDUK]ImIgRaNt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 24, 2005
Yeah. Most people probably don't even realise what we do when we do it. Sometimes it becomes like a reaction. For example dolphing diving which i still don't think is fixed yet. Despite being one of the people who wanted it gone i still used it in certain situations.

Hyperion2010

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
NC
Well you all could be a big help if you would take SS of these places so that the mappers can look into them (for prone clipping).

snakedude24

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2006
For example dolphing diving which i still don't think is fixed yet.

It is fixed..... Check out the change log for the latest patch.

I owned a lot of people on Lyeskrovy because of it, too. They looked absolutely retarded as they dove to the ground doing absolutely nothing.:)

Colt .45 killer

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2006
i really like the fix for diving to is , it dosent take that long to get the is up there, but longer then before..

CatMangler

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
UK
Yes I have signed previous attempts to get the clipping issues raised higher on TWI to-do-list.

And I will sign it again and again and again....

The only official response I seem to remember was to take screen shots and send them to TWI.

Erm, I dont think anyone has enough time to take piccy's of every corner in RO :p

Clipping in the most part is accidental. As the shot seems to originates from the forehead clipping will continue to happen whether its accidental or deliberate.

Lets hope TW get a chance to address the issue.