• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sorry, I don't like RO2

ROost and RO2 are great.

Things that i don`t like of the successor.

- lack of teamplay
- double zooming
- long spawn time (sometimes so long that i exit a game)
- Too short map rounds (luckly some servers have longer playrounds)

Further i am the same as in ROost. And my enemies uses again as in ROost artistrikes to kill me. And i get again almost every time the top.
And again i am suspect of cheating as in ROost. Players who cheat must be banned from all steamgames and for ever.

Further i enjoy the successor very much. Great work Tripwire !!

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I also don't like the game, and around this time of year with so many games about to come out I haven't got time to try and get into something I don't really click with.

I really wanted to get stuck into this game, it sounded like the shooter I've been waiting for a long time. But also because it was coming out of a small team of people which id rather give my money to than the bigger guys!

Now I'll be honest I'm awful at this game which of course doesn't help. But most of my frustration like others comes from how clunky and buggy the whole games feels to me. I've made myself play 6 hours and I'm sure some of will be thinking maybe that's not enough, but having to make myself do something for hours isn't really my idea of fun.

Also with my limited HDD space I really can't see me reinstalling this game later on.

But anyway good to see I'm in the minority and the game has gotten great reviews, guess you can't please all of the people all of the time. But even after saying this id say I'll be back for RO3 or whatever TWI next game is.

Upvote 0
I like the longer ADS time and the massive recoil from RO. Makes the game feel more tactical and less focused on the gun action. However, I like the overall RO2 game. The only question I have is: where did shooting a weapon out of the enemy's hands go?

I understand OP,THIS is what red orchestra has become.

Call Of Red Orchestra - YouTube

See what happens when the ADS only takes half a second to do? Red Orchestra 2 has become a typical run and gun game! Without the long aiming down the sight (from ostfront/darkest hour),weapon sway,and leg/arm damage,Red Orchestra becomes your typical run and gun twitch shooter!

Getting shot in the leg or arm wont stop you from running and gunning!

The points and unlocks system rewards killwhores and campers (the bad kind) and the horrible battlefield-like voice system gives away your position or makes enemies too easy to find!

The tank controls are horrible too! Now you HAVE to look through the gun sights to turn the turret! (I cant spot the target,turn in it's general direction,THEN look through my scopes)

Ro2 fanboy argument:Ro2 is awesome! Ro1 was too complicated,it took too long to aim down the sight,there weren't enough smgs on the map,and I couldn't run and gun very easily. Plus the rounds were too long! I like MW2's 5 minute rounds!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i miss the "pixel hunting" at distant horizons

I stopped reading after this.

RO1 was old, the characters moved clumsily and I felt like I had a length of 2x4 shoved up my soldiers *** when running around. And all the little pixels shooting you whenever you moved a nanomillimeter out of your bush became incrediably stale and boring.

RO2 offers alot more good firefights without the need to hunt pixels. If I wanna hunt pixels, I'll fire up a good old C64 emulator and run some pixelated games there.

What annoys me about RO2 is simply the bugs.

Start a new round, all upgrades are gone and you have to relog.

Start a new round, or wait for respawn, suddenly you are locked in spectate and have to relog.

Trying to look at your stats, the Role information sheet is messed up and if you click Rifleman you are actually viewing the stats for Elite Rifleman underneath.

Trying to deploy an MG in a window, or on the bonnet of a truck, or the back of a burning tank (not player ones) and you can't because the game doesn't recognize it as a valid deploy point.

Same when in a crater and trying to deploy the MG's, and they will stick straight up into the air without being able to look down.... or you get "cannot deploy here" messages even though the slope is actually more flat than the one you were just deployed against... go figure?

Trying to drive a tank, you nudge a concrete wall, and the tank is caught and unable to move. After a long time of trying the movement keys in every freaking direction as well as changing seats in the tank you might wriggle it free again.

Getting killed over and over and over, in the spawns, by enemy tank with AI tank gunner who sees through smoke, sees every exposed pixel of a soldier and simply auto-farms everything for no effort by the player (and yes, I have farmed tonnes by doing this on CommissarsHouse with the german tanks). It's amazingly idiotic and tank MG should be disabled until fixed.

Weird lag effects in the game.

ROGame.exe stopped working.

Stats being entirely messed up. One day you are a hero, next day you have no upgrades.

Hitdetection being entirely random. Even if an enemy fills up your ENTIRE screen, firing your gun may or may not hit them. I've had enemies fill up my screen in close combat (both rounding a corner for instance) and emptied an entire clip with my MP40 and NO hits ??? Blame lag, blame hit detection, blame God or the weather... either way, the freaking hit detection is almost entirely random in close combat. Might as well aim at the roof in the current state of it.

... and could probably add lots more, but anyways. The game has nice gameplay, but there is a mile and more to go before this can be considered "out of beta". As far as I am concerned this game, with it's plethora of bugs and issues, is still in beta. There is no way you can call this supposed game a finished product, try as you might.

Upvote 0
if you want a complete WW2 simulation go play WW2 Online, it has infantry combat, planes, tanks, navy, anti tank, anti air, transport, EVERYTHING.. its a fantastic game but you have to pay a monthly fee but its well worth it.. thousands of players playing on each side in a world 1/2 the scale of europe for real. Amazing.

On topic: RO2 is awesome, dunno what you all are talkin about.

Upvote 0
The points and unlocks system rewards killwhores and campers (the bad kind) and the horrible battlefield-like voice system gives away your position or makes enemies too easy to find!

You're just dead wrong about this. "Killwhores" who are also in the objective, or shooting at enemies in an objective, are rewarded most. And whats wrong with that? "Campers" who are in an objective "camping" are rewarded. Again, what's wrong with that? I would consider the bad kind to be some guy who prones in a random area of the map with few enemies and is useless to his team...

As for the video... just giving a 1-2 second pause before being able to aim your weapon would help cut that **** right out. But again, it's not like run n gun wasn't all over the place in ROOST or even back during the mod days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're just dead wrong about this. "Killwhores" who are also in the objective, or shooting at enemies in an objective, are rewarded most. And whats wrong with that? "Campers" who are in an objective "camping" are rewarded. Again, what's wrong with that? I would consider the bad kind to be some guy who prones in a random area of the map with few enemies and is useless to his team...

As for the video... just giving a 1-2 second pause before being able to aim your weapon would help cut that **** right out. But again, it's not like run n gun wasn't all over the place in ROOST or even back during the mod days.

<sarcasm> Yeah,because in ROOST you could still run and gun after getting shot in the leg,and having the 3 second aim down the sight delay after sprinting didn't leave you vulnerable at all.</sarcasm>

Upvote 0