• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sorry, I don't like RO2

I feel disappointed as well. But I'm gonna keep playing it...as I get to know the maps it seems to get a bit better.

I'm just disappointed that it's been over 10 years almost and still no one has topped COD UO when it comes to "complete WW2 FPS experience). Sad. This game certainly doesn't do that, but I guess one can say it comes close.

If you ask me, WW2 Multiplayer FPS rating goes like this
COD:UO > DOD:Source > RO2

Really isn't much difference between Ro and Ro2 IMO.

Graphics (which I don't really mind) are horrible by 2011 standards. I'm sorry but its not even COD2 standard IMO. I think Tripwire should've started off with Source engine vs Unreal 3 (which has been proven to be unstable/subpar in graphics amongst many other things).

Last edited:
Reactions: psgchisolm and lolz
Upvote 0
I feel disappointed as well. But I'm gonna keep playing it...as I get to know the maps it seems to get a bit better.

I'm just disappointed that it's been over 10 years almost and still no one has topped COD UO when it comes to "complete WW2 FPS experience). Sad. This game certainly doesn't do that, but I guess one can say it comes close.

If you ask me, WW2 Multiplayer FPS rating goes like this
COD:UO > DOD:Source > RO2

Really isn't much difference between Ro and Ro2 IMO.

Graphics (which I don't really mind) are horrible by 2011 standards. I'm sorry but its not even COD2 standard IMO. I think Tripwire should've started off with Source engine vs Unreal 3 (which has been proven to be unstable/subpar in graphics amongst many other things).

Do you accept donations ? I'll buy you some glasses

Upvote 0
I agree somewhat but as a newbie I think the game is to much pixel hunting as it is. I almost always get killed by people I don't see, it will then show the Kill Location which still doesn't show me anybody. Also, I would of preferred offline multiplayer vs bots instead of a no-replay value campaign. I totally agree about the prone problem, I have gotten killed so many times while I am trying to find the right position to go prone. No game is perfect though so I guess I will have to suck it up and try to appreciate it for what it is..

Upvote 0
I agree somewhat but as a newbie I think the game is to much pixel hunting as it is. I almost always get killed by people I don't see, it will then show the Kill Location which still doesn't show me anybody. Also, I would of preferred offline multiplayer vs bots instead of a no-replay value campaign. I totally agree about the prone problem, I have gotten killed so many times while I am trying to find the right position to go prone. No game is perfect though so I guess I will have to suck it up and try to appreciate it for what it is..

Kill location camera is A)dumb, and more importantly B)buggy since it shows you the relative location after death as far as I can tell. It likes to show me walls and other obstructions. Walls are pretty lethal according to the kill camera.

Also, the campaign is essentially offline multiplayer bots since it's just the multiplayer maps with AI teammates and enemies...

Upvote 0
Stop trying to discredit the OP's perfectly valid opinion - one that I agree with 100%.

"Are you sure you didn't play the beta?!" YES I AM SURE. You seriously think the game is gonna change overnight just because it's not beta anymore? :rolleyes:

"Ro1 wasn't perfect when it came out!" It was also not a professional endeavor and not released on steam until a ton of things were smoothed out...

"We've discussed all these things!" I know... I was here.... Doesn't mean I enjoy the ramifications of these things regarding gameplay.

"Ro1 players overhyped it and expected too much!" No... I expected something on par with Ro1 and in my opinion this is not.

You guys shouldn't get mad at us for hating Ro2 - you should feel sorry for us. $40 and dreams of glory down the drain.

Upvote 0
I like RO2. Main gripes though are the lack of finesse in the HUD like constantly having text pop up near the middle of the screen about using cover or whatever, along with the image for mantling etc. Its too much imo and could do with a "minimal hud" setting like TF2 has. Same info, just less in your face and invasive

The guns I feel TWI may have tweaked a little since beta started. Not 100% sure but the jarringly easier feeling of the guns isn't the same to me now. Originally it was very obvious because of playing so much Ostfront, but I guess I will get used to RO2. May not prefer it over Ostfront in terms of weapon handling but I will get used to it. There may still be big imbalances, but it doesn't ruin the whole game

The class limits are still too much for most maps imo. Some are OK up to 32 players, but after that its far too much semi's and SMG's. Some 32 player servers have too many too, depending on the map.

I don't really like Lockdown but I can see where they're coming from with it. It needs tweaks so it doesn't spoil a game when the attacking team still have a chance to win.

I would like better 3d positional sound. I'm not sure if thats just a bug atm but it doesn't seem as clear as Ostfront.

Overall its still a fun game imo, and it is something that will most likely either get mods or will get other improvements in the months to come

Upvote 0
Without complaints there are no improvements.

Absolutely. People seem to forget that people have opinions about stuff, and that they don't always have to agree with everyone else. I really dislike this "like" and "dislike" function on the forum, you just end up with an us and them attitude, like theres only trolls and fanboys rather than differing opinions. A thread might have a thousand views, each with an opinion, but 10 might vote on the OP and make it look like its a pure troll thread. Its not used in a decent way anyway imo, adds nothing to the forum

Every dev team ever has had to listen to feedback. The ones who don't end up not pushing themselves to set the bar higher and end up with a lower quality product

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As long as you put your opinion across in a fair and respectable way, no sane person should ever argue with it just for arguments sake. Sure, people disagree with other people - it's only natural, and thankfully it's actually a good thing, but..

.. It's those people who rant, troll and flame through forums, moaning about everything without shedding any light on the detail, or airing their views in a childish manner.

There is such a thing as constructive criticism, and it really does work.

Upvote 0